LIttle Dot MkIII question..
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ES347

New Head-Fier
Hi..

I haven't posted here in years but have a question.  I own a Perreaux SH-1 amp and it has very low hours on it.  I am toying with the idea of buying the Little Dot MkIII.  Question 1: will I hear a marked improvement over what I own now and Question 2: are the Little Dott MkIIIs advertised on Ebay for about $175 the real deal or Chinese knock offs?  Thanks in advance.

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Q1. Don't know as I don't have your amp or headphones, sorry.

Q2. I would recommend that you only purchase from David Zhezhe himself on ebay if you want to purchase new. This is the only way to have a warranty in the event of your Little Dot having a fault. 

As my wife always says ; Buy cheap Buy twice. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Q1. Don't know as I don't have your amp or headphones, sorry.

Q2. I would recommend that you only purchase from David Zhezhe himself on ebay if you want to purchase new. This is the only way to have a warranty in the event of your Little Dot having a fault. 

As my wife always says ; Buy cheap Buy twice. 

This. Their customer service is truly outstanding so it's well worth it.

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm listening to this exact combo (HD600 + LDmkiii)! It sounds pretty awesome! Not sure if this will be an upgrade for you though, depends on if you like the "accuracy" of a SS amp or the warmth of a tube amp. Difference will be pretty minor though, nothing like completely switching to a different headphone (despite the claims of what you see on Head-Fi sometimes...)

Buy from Zhezhe or a Head-Fi member with a history... I've never had good experience with chinese ebay dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back