Little Dot MK III
Apr 29, 2007 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

GotNoRice

100+ Head-Fier
Edit: $199 plus $45 Shipping to USA, $51 to Western EU.

Quote:

Little Dot MARK III

Preceding Tubes: GE 5654 (USA)
Power Tubes: 6H6PI (RUSSIA)

Looks cool. No price listed yet, but it would make sense to assume it will be cheaper than the MK IV which starts at $300, so this might be in the LD2 price range, or who knows. Hmm, does anyone know if this is a DHT design or not?

I like that it has switches to use EF92 tubes just like the MK IV.

http://www.little-tube.com/forum/for...sp?TID=97&PN=1
200742817485025101.jpg

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 23
It's definitely attractive. Heck, I considered buying it just because it looks so nice.
eek.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sword_yang
Sorry! Some parts cost does not have finally to determine that, please waitfor several days. . .

So it seems like we will find out soon.

May 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #7 of 23
Seems like a MKIV without the gold tube rings.

May 3, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 23
Hopefully it will run cooler and more reliable than the Little Dot 2 series.

May 7, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 23
Updated posts on the Little-Dot site.

Quote:

Little Dot MK III Headphone Amplifier/Pre-Amp

* The MK series is the new generation of Little Dot amplifiers, and the MK III is the "sweet-spot" of the line. Superior performance with much higher stability and reliability, the MK series trumps our previous amplifiers in nearly every category!
* Available in either 120VAC or 220VAC
* $199 plus $45 Shipping to USA, $51 to Western EU. Please inquire for other destinations.
* Additional Tube Sets: TBD
* 2 Year Warranty

May 7, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated posts on the Little-Dot site.

GNR, thnx for keeping us posted on the MKs. Questions:

1. Many are wondering about the heat factor. Any word on whether it'll run cooler?

2. Were you able to learn whether the MKI and MKII are going to have the same overall look? Or will they have a different look 'n' feel?

Comments:

1. I'm glad Sword's planning to offer optional tube sets specifically for rollers.

2. Would Sword consider PCB designs that would allow for switchable opamps (unsoldered)? Perhaps other switchable parts as well? I believe this would make the MKs a lot more attractive to many, many Head-Fiers.

*3. The overall appearance of the transformer is blah! It's just a black, shapeless square blob, stuck on as an afterthought. Can't Sword come up with a better presentation?

4. For the MKs that haven't gone public yet, I hope Sword will consider an alternate design for those who prefer a squarer, tougher, more industrial look,

*EDIT for #3 above: Perhaps a chrome wire cage for the transformer?

*EDIT for #3: Or a couple of chrome bars around the transformer to protect the user?

May 7, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 23
Now that we are back from holiday I do have some updates on the MK line. The equivalent of the Little Dot 2++ in the MK line would be MK III ($199) or the MK II ($149), vs the $159 of the Little Dot 2++. The performance of the MK II will be fairly comparable to the Little Dot 2++, and the MK III will be superior. The Little Dot MK III will be available in June, and the MK II will be available sometime after that.

An email I received from David Z. P., FYI.

May 8, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #13 of 23
When I was comparing the LD2+ with the LD2++, I attributed the differences mainly to one being a DHT design and the other not, how would one go about telling which design this uses?

May 9, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #14 of 23
perhaps a rather stupid question... but when would the MK IV be available?

Jun 15, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 23
MK IV is already shipping and MK III will start shipping at the end of this week (June 17). For ordering information you can contact David from Little Dot (little.tube@gmail.com). Here is his reply to my email ...

Quote:

Thank you for your interest in the Little Dot MKIII.
You are correct, the MKIII is due to begin shipping out at the end of this week. If you are interested, the Little Dot MKIII is $244 (USD) shipped to N. America or $251 (USD) shipped to Western Europe. Our preferred method of payment is via Paypal invoice.

Best Regards,
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back