Little Dot LD II+ Review and comparison to LD II
Sep 16, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #91 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
i must say, that the LD II+ will certainly compliment the K701. ooh i can't wait!! me wanna order LD II+ now. next friday can't come any sooner!

from an owner, I'll echo what many have said before ... once it arrives, you'll want to give it many many hours [hundreds some say] to burn-in before it gets to where it's going...
cool.gif
It's subtly different evey day I use it this early in its life.

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #92 of 426
Thanks everybody's valued suggestion!
I already aimed at this accident to make following improvement:

1. All tubes pass through the high-voltage test.
2. Increase a "Transient Voltage Suppressor" at the amp's out-port for protect headphones.

The discharge phenomenon usually is creates by the tubes internal craft,and it's usually occurs at an early stage of uses the amplifier,when the amp's having been used for a period of time,the probability is very small.

The feature of LDII+ :
GAIN :x9 or x12 (300 ohm) select by jumper
INPUT SENSITIVITY: 450 mV (rms)
INPUT VOLT. MAX. : 2200mV (rms)
LD III+ INPUT feature same as above.

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #93 of 426
Great to hear. Thank you very much for everything.

So that's over 6db to overload? That is really great to hear! That's why I love tubes.

-steve

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #94 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
I mean its not a constant arc.. it just happens the moment i turn the amp on.. then goes away and the music sounds fine... but.. its dangerous nonetheless, what if my little curious niece plugs in those koss' on her little head and turns the thing on god forbid???

Dude the same thing is happening to my amp. When I turn it on, it archs, and there is a loud pop in the headphones. It physically hurts me at times. Problems with the power tubes?

Sep 16, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #95 of 426
Woah I just read the rest of this thread. It arched between your headphones? Should I email david and see if I could get replacement tubes? This sounds pretty dangerous. Guess I shouldn't use it.

Sep 16, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #96 of 426
wow, it looks like the tide is turning sour for my beloved amp.
Mine pops through the HPs when turned on, but no arching or anything. Im not too sure what to do about this. I love the sound and I really dont want to stop using it, but I dont want to put $500 worth of cans at risk.
-greg

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #97 of 426
About tubes discharge issue:
There is a slight chance (0.05%) that the vacuum tubes have a discharge issue. If no anomalies happen within 100 hours of usage, it is safe to conclude the tubes are fine. However if the user discovers issues with the tubes within 100 hours, please suspend use, contact us and we will send out replacement tubes immediately.
We have recently acquired a much higher quality tube tester so all tubes that go out henceforth will have been tested very thoroughly. We are also slightly revising the design to include a transient voltage supressor so that no harm can come to the headphones.

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #98 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by sword_yang
About tubes discharge issue:
There is a slight chance (0.05%) that the vacuum tubes have a discharge issue. If no anomalies happen within 100 hours of usage, it is safe to conclude the tubes are fine. However if the user discovers issues with the tubes within 100 hours, please suspend use, contact us and we will send out replacement tubes immediately.
We have recently acquired a much higher quality tube tester so all tubes that go out henceforth will have been tested very thoroughly. We are also slightly revising the design to include a transient voltage supressor so that no harm can come to the headphones.

I sent an email to you. Can't wait to get my amp up and running again. You guys are great for offering the replacement. Thanks for the great service.

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #99 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
wow, it looks like the tide is turning sour for my beloved amp.
Mine pops through the HPs when turned on, but no arching or anything. Im not too sure what to do about this. I love the sound and I really dont want to stop using it, but I dont want to put $500 worth of cans at risk.
-greg

I think the popping is normal for every amp isn't it? My crap stereo does the same thing if I plug my can into it.

Sep 17, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #101 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
I tyhink the slight pop is, which is what im experiancing, but the arching and stuff is wuite abnormal.

Oh yeah of course. I thought the slight pop was all you had.

Sep 18, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #102 of 426
The popping noise is actually the capacitors charging up and is completely normal.
The only thing that needs to be addressed is if the 4P1S tubes produces "sparks" within vacuum tube itself. This should be easily seen with the lights off. If there are no sparks, and/or you've already used the tubes for a period of time, rest assured your tubes are fine.

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #103 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Oh yeah of course. I thought the slight pop was all you had.

yea the pop is all i have, im not, and havent been worried about it.
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #105 of 426
Wow sounds like cracking customer service. I can;t wait to order my amp in a few weeks time
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back