Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you're coming from a PA2v2
wink.gif

A predictable response.

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #302 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a bump.

brings back memories. the ++ is a solid entry level tube amp. it does get hot, so don't leave it on all day. other than that, have fun.

Yeah, I'm loving this little unit. May have to unplug the tubes everyday (to keep from curious toddler hands), which is a pain, but worth it!

I've experienced the hotness factor today - not too bad, but a bit of a concern, for sure. I'm concerned it might discolour/affect my bedside table?

Did you have any problems with that happening?

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #303 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by TubeStack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm loving this little unit. May have to unplug the tubes everyday (to keep from curious toddler hands), which is a pain, but worth it!

I've experienced the hotness factor today - not too bad, but a bit of a concern, for sure. I'm concerned it might discolour/affect my bedside table?

Did you have any problems with that happening?

When I had my Little Dot 2++, I put larger feet on it to give it better ventilation. In the 6 months I owned it, it never discolored my bedside table.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #304 of 307
Quote:

A predictable response.

I owned both the PA2v2 and the LD2++ and I had the same revelation. Then I went to a m^3 and realized the ld2++ is only a start in desktop amps
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #305 of 307
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I had my Little Dot 2++, I put larger feet on it to give it better ventilation. In the 6 months I owned it, it never discolored my bedside table.

Good suggestion re. the larger feet and thanks for the input - good to know.

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #306 of 307
Quote:

Good suggestion re. the larger feet and thanks for the input - good to know.

I'm always glad to help when I can
smily_headphones1.gif
Check out Home Depot. They should have a decent selection of rubber feet that will screw into the existing tapped holes on the bottom of your little dot. Good luck.

I just found this picture. I put the taller feet on my 2+. Not the 2++. same difference though. The 2+ ran much hotter than the 2++. The taller feet made a difference from what I remember.

DSC_0400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back