little dot II + vs little dot II ++?
Sep 26, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ++ indicates an improved version. The Little Dot II+ has problems with tube arcing. The II++ fixed that problem.

The arching tends to be fairly common with the Chinese tubes but notably absent with Russian tubes. The internal circuits are essentually the same. That being said I find the LDII+ amp to be more liquid and have better midrange than it's more reliable replacement and worth consideration if you want to hunt Russian tubes. The II+'s can be had cheaper.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negatron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The arching tends to be fairly common with the Chinese tubes but notably absent with Russian tubes. The internal circuits are essentually the same. That being said I find the LDII+ amp to be more liquid and have better midrange than it's more reliable replacement and worth consideration if you want to hunt Russian tubes. The II+'s can be had cheaper.

I just ordered the ++... do you think the + only is much better? ebay store only has the ++

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the ++... do you think the + only is much better? ebay store only has the ++

The Plus is discontinued because of the unreliable tubes. You will be happy with the ++, it's a small difference and you don't have to hunt up hard to find Russian tubes to keep it going.
wink.gif
It's a good bargain and it holds it's value well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back