Little Dot I+ vs Bravo Audio Ocean for AKG Q701?
Jul 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

benjaminhuypham

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I just bought my AKG Q701 and have been looking for tube amp to leverage my gear to fully potential. My budget is not flat and I focus on two affortable tube amps: Little Dot I+ and Bravo Audio Ocean. Does anybody know which tube amp is better and which one I should go with? Any other recommendations on tube amps less than $150?
Thanks for your help !

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm going to guess(?) they are about equal.

Try posting this question on the website Rockgrotto, in their head amp. section.
Guys on that website like to tinker with these little tube amps.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 9
I'd give the edge to the little dot because of tube rolling flexibility. You can use 3 different families of tubes in it and you can roll opamps which changes the sound nicely as well. It pairs well with my k702s although I'm looking to sell it now for an upgrade but its a great amp that swings above its price point. I've also heard about some reliability concern with some bravo products and they don't publish the specs of how much power it gives at a certain impedance so I'm not sure how much it gives to the K702s. The LD gives 800 mw into 32 ohms while the k702s have a 64 ohm impedance - long story sort they'll be powered fairly well for the price. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 9
I would go the LittleDot as well. Davids customer service is really good and tube rolling is a plus.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for great advice everyone. Someone mentions that Little dot I+ performs better for low end headphones under 32 Ohms. Little dot MKII performs better for high end headphones. My concern is whether my AKG Q701 62 Ohms can be driven well with Little dot MKII. Which one can drive my gear better?

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Thanks for great advice everyone. Someone mentions that Little dot I+ performs better for low end headphones under 32 Ohms. Little dot MKII performs better for high end headphones. My concern is whether my AKG Q701 62 Ohms can be driven well with Little dot MKII. Which one can drive my gear better?

If you shoot an email off to David, the owner, he'll be happy to give you some feedback. There are also forums on the Little Dot site that are very helpful. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 9
I am using a LD MkIII with my Grado's that are lower impedance than your phones and it works fine. Sometimes I think people put a little to much into the impedance matching thing, or maybe some amps are bothered by it more than others, but the LD amps seems pretty stable over a wide range of loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back