Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Sep 7, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #466 of 3,154
I must admit, the tube differences are easier to hear on my HFI-780 than they ever were n my HD600.
I think selling the MkII and HD600 to keep the I+ and get the HFI-780 was a smooth move.

Did i mention that the Tung-Sol JTL-6AK5W are fighting my beloved EF91 for first place very very hard? Nice sounding tubes.

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #467 of 3,154
I'm now running the mullard cv4010 for a year... (I think these are the M8100 EF95? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

They're nice but i'm wondering which my next tubes will be?
My setup is a LDI+ with ath-a900

I listen mostly to Pop/rock.
And gaming from time to time.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #468 of 3,154
You got some nice tubes already, hard to know your likes, so:

CV4014/EF91 Mullards*
Raytheon 6AK5
Tung-Sol JTL-6AK5W*
WE 408A

In no particular order, but i switch most between the two marked with a *.

EDIT: Do not forget "The Russians" 6Zh1P-EB/6J1P-EV (two ways to say the same thing/same tube)

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #469 of 3,154
tnx for those, i'll have a look at them..

I just swapped back to my stock ones which were with the ldI+.

They sound good too lol, a bit more lively then the m8100's that i have. I think
atsmile.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #470 of 3,154
I've recently bought LD I+ but I have a problem with its sound with Sen HD555s. There is literally no bass. Until now I've had the cans connected directrly to M-audio transit which didn't have too much of a bass itself, however it was more pronounced than with Little Dot. I don't think the cans are to blame as they actually sound too bassy if I connect them to other sound card (eg. Audigy, Xonar or onboard audio). I also had just enough bass with an Cmoy amp.
Is there any chance different tubes would substantially change sound? If so, will you please recommend any to me? Thank you.

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #471 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calebcz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've recently bought LD I+ but I have a problem with its sound with Sen HD555s. There is literally no bass. Until now I've had the cans connected directrly to M-audio transit which didn't have too much of a bass itself, however it was more pronounced than with Little Dot. I don't think the cans are to blame as they actually sound too bassy if I connect them to other sound card (eg. Audigy, Xonar or onboard audio). I also had just enough bass with an Cmoy amp.
Is there any chance different tubes would substantially change sound? If so, will you please recommend any to me? Thank you.

Senn 555's really have no bass. I'm not sure why you're getting more bass with other sources, but it probably isn't the Little Dot's fault.

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #472 of 3,154
Ok ... I've tried going through this thread and it drove me nuts. Is there anything wrong about using the LT1364 op amps? What are the best tubes for a warmer sound? Where's the most reliable place to buy them

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #473 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok ... I've tried going through this thread and it drove me nuts. Is there anything wrong about using the LT1364 op amps? What are the best tubes for a warmer sound? Where's the most reliable place to buy them

I have been using the LT1364 for a good while with no problems at all. For warm sounding tubes, I like the CBS Hytron 6AK5W. For nice bass, the Amperex 6AK5W. I have purchased most of mine from ebay.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #474 of 3,154
Hello everybody
I have recently bought the great Gold Grado's 325i for a very good price.

I look this whole post here and i am wondering i can have from someone at a great price the following AMP :

- Little Dot LDI + and EF92's

So my question can i use them with my Grados and what are the cheapest and easiest upgrades to go for, for getting the maximum out of my Grados headphones??

Thanks for your answers and excuse for my English.

beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #476 of 3,154
Hello everybody
I have recently bought the great Gold Grado's 325i for a very good price.

I look this whole post here and i am wondering i can have from someone at a great price the following AMP :

- Little Dot LDI + and EF92's

So my question can i use them with my Grados and what are the cheapest and easiest upgrades to go for, for getting the maximum out of my Grados headphones??

Thanks for your answers and excuse for my English.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #477 of 3,154
Yes you can it use with your Grados. I do so myself.

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #479 of 3,154
wow, listening to this amp vanilla is heaven.

My 125s sound like new headphones all together.

I can't wait to hear an improvement with tube rolling and opamp rolling.

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #480 of 3,154
I hope I'm posting this at the right place but I'm going to order this in about one-two months.

They do offer tube upgrades for:

# EF92 Tube Upgrade: +$20
# WE408A Tube upgrade: +$50

For people who know their tubes is it even worth the upgrade?

I'm planning to get this and for a DAC the Fubar II from Firestone.

Oh yeah, n00b question but how do you change a tube? Is it a socket or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back