Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Nov 13, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #106 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKvC-SainT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I understand correctly can I buy these: 2xDual Low Noise HiFi OpAmp Pro audio OPA2107AP OPA2107 - eBay (item 110304246328 end time Nov-25-08 01:35:47 PST) And just use 1 of them, or do I need some kind of adapter to use 2?

And if I once more understand this right, these are used in a pair with some kind of adapter: Burr Brown BB OPA627 AU Operational Amplifiers OPAMP - eBay (item 130262661541 end time Nov-14-08 02:03:03 PST)

Yep,,,,you only need one of the 2107 since its a dual opamp....no adapter needed..

and yep you need two 627s on an adapter since they are single opamps....that listing is a bit ambiquous to me tho....is it for 2 627 on that adapter... with the 627au ..one is usually soldered on top of the adapter and one underneath....or if the 627s are of the DIP version then a different adapter(browndog) is used and the opamps are mounted side by side...I use this adapter and had to trim abit of the browndog to make it fit...

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #107 of 3,154
Alright, I think I´ll just go ahead and buy the 2107, seems like the easier choice. And no I think that auction for the 627s is 1 piece only, and that adapter looks like it just has 1 opamp soldered to it.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #108 of 3,154
Hey all, all this op-amp talk has got my curiosity going. Any advice on a op-amp that would be suited for metal music. I have no experience with op-amps, so help would be appreciated.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #109 of 3,154
Anyone have experience running this with Emu 0404 and D2000, and if so how did is sound compared to running it off the Emu's built in amp?

Also how does the I+ compare to a decent starving student hybrid?

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #110 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all, all this op-amp talk has got my curiosity going. Any advice on a op-amp that would be suited for metal music. I have no experience with op-amps, so help would be appreciated.

Can´t say much on the matter yet, but I have ordered an OPA2107, and I listen mostly to different types of metal. So if noone has filled in with some info, I can when I´ve recieved it (~1 week), installed it and compared it to the standard opamp.

That is if I´m able to hear any difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #111 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by StratCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooops. Sry!
eek.gif

But interestingly, it seems that wasn't the last pair of Sylvi Golds after all. Yen relisted them as a single item bid auction with a 48 USD min and a 89 USD "Buy it Now" option, which I'm sure you're aware of.

Hope your deal works out with Trapper32. BTW, mine haven't shipped yet, either.

Oh hey, no problem.
biggrin.gif
Strange thing about the relisting, I really thought it was the last pair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep,,,,you only need one of the 2107 since its a dual opamp....no adapter needed..

and yep you need two 627s on an adapter since they are single opamps....that listing is a bit ambiquous to me tho....

Doh! I ordered a pair of 627s from tube_buyer and had no idea they needed an adapter.

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #112 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh hey, no problem.
biggrin.gif
Strange thing about the relisting, I really thought it was the last pair.

Doh! I ordered a pair of 627s from tube_buyer and had no idea they needed an adapter.

Try emailing him and see if he can mount them on an adapter for you....

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #116 of 3,154
Quote:

Hey, thanks. That looks like it might fit the bill! Can anyone confirm?

Those will work if your 627's are the DIP version...If they're the SOIC ones you'll need to solder them on a different adapter....

These are the same adapters I'm using with my 627's but I had to put another spacer under the adapter to raise it up a bit to clear some caps..

You didn't waste your $30...you'll be able to adapt them i'm sure...

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #117 of 3,154
Quote:

Those will work if your 627's are the DIP version...If they're the SOIC ones you'll need to solder them on a different adapter....

These are the same adapters I'm using with my 627's but I had to put another spacer under the adapter to raise it up a bit to clear some caps..

You didn't waste your $30...you'll be able to adapt them i'm sure...

Alright, they look like they're the DIP version. OPAMP 627AP

So all is not lost after all and I'll see what I can do once I get my hands on them. Thanks again.

I didn't know there was a BP version of these Opamps though. Should I have gone for those?

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #118 of 3,154
Quote:

Alright, they look like they're the DIP version. OPAMP 627AP

So all is not lost after all and I'll see what I can do once I get my hands on them. Thanks again.

I didn't know there was a BP version of these Opamps though. Should I have gone for those?

Yep those are the DIP ones so you'll be good to go with that adapter...You may or may not need a spacer tho.....
The AP's are fine for what you will be using them for...I doubt anyone could tell the difference SQ wise between the two...

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #119 of 3,154
Quote:

Yep those are the DIP ones so you'll be good to go with that adapter...You may or may not need a spacer tho.....
The AP's are fine for what you will be using them for...I doubt anyone could tell the difference SQ wise between the two...

Great!

So you mean the adapter might not sit well in the opamp socket because of the caps being in the way? What did you use as a spacer?

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #120 of 3,154
Quote:

Great!

So you mean the adapter might not sit well in the opamp socket because of the caps being in the way? What did you use as a spacer?

Yes it wouldn't fully seat...I had a DIP8 extension laying around that I used...Can't remember where I picked it up...it was for use in one of my portable amps but basically it is one half of the top part of that adapter (the black part)...8 holes on the top to 8 pins on the bottom...You plug the adapter into the extension and the extension into the amp....Easier to do than to explain....

Sorry I can't seem to find one right now..maybe someone else knows where one can be located off hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back