Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Jul 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #2,326 of 3,154
Has anyone tried the Audeze LCD-2s with the 1+? I did get to try a pair briefly, but the room was very noisy and I could not really make any critical evaluation. The 1+ did seem to drive them ok, but the noise and all the other awesome headphones in the room befuddled my brain. The little dot does seem to have very good current behind all those MWs.

It drives my Fidelio X2s amazingly well and I am thrilled. I just love the sound signature of this amp after getting good tubes and various mods I have done. I would be reluctant to use another amp.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #2,327 of 3,154
I just tried a pair of 6HM5s with the little dot i+ I believe the correct jumper configuration was the same as EF91 and EF92, I've tried the tubes and I am receiving no sound at all. Is this a sign of DOA tubes or have I opted for the wrong jumper configuration, I don't want to play around testing the other configurations in case I damage the amplifier.

Thanks

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #2,328 of 3,154
I just tried a pair of 6HM5s with the little dot i+ I believe the correct jumper configuration was the same as EF91 and EF92, I've tried the tubes and I am receiving no sound at all. Is this a sign of DOA tubes or have I opted for the wrong jumper configuration, I don't want to play around testing the other configurations in case I damage the amplifier.

Thanks

Your jumper settings are wrong. You need the setting for EF95 family of tubes.
K1 and K2 set to 6J1.
J1 and J2 jumpers removed, open circuit.

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,332 of 3,154
I'm using the LM4562 opamp and Philips Fidelio X2, I've not run them in properly yet but I believe I may prefer my Northern Electric NE-408A

I tried the LM4562 as the person I bought my 6HM5s from included it in the sale, not a fan of its sound. So now using them with a muses01 opamp, which I like as the detail retrieval and soundstage is superb, but still a little dry sounding for my tastes. So I'm now looking to purchase a muses02 which according to many in this thread is the endgame opamp, with a wetter sound, just have to warrent the spend as is slightly more expensive than all my other opamps.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2,333 of 3,154
I tried the LM4562 as the person I bought my 6HM5s from included it in the sale, not a fan of its sound. So now using them with a muses01 opamp, which I like as the detail retrieval and soundstage is superb, but still a little dry sounding for my tastes. So I'm now looking to purchase a muses02 which according to many in this thread is the endgame opamp, with a wetter sound, just have to warrent the spend as is slightly more expensive than all my other opamps.

I was tempted by the muses02 I found someone from china selling them for £5 on ebay I doubt they are real though. I find the sound difference in opamps lack luster compared to tubes, might pick up the muses01 one day if I find it cheap enough. :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,334 of 3,154
A little old skool today with some EF91s

beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,336 of 3,154
Thanks!

Sweeet!!

I believe I read you like those NE 408As.  How do you like the CV5377?

I personally love the EF91 variants.  Years ago I was able to get a few good pairs.

With so many variants and replacements with strapping and adapters, it's good to go back to the basics sometimes.

Cheers!

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,337 of 3,154
The EF91s are far better than the stock tubes, although find them very bassey which is perfect for my K550s but they don't pair well with the X2's. I think my favorite tubes so far are the 408As very clear mids and highs with recessed bass. Now just to try a few different opamps, I've heard a lot about the muses01 and 02 but I'm looking for something cheaper.

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #2,338 of 3,154
The EF91s are far better than the stock tubes, although find them very bassey which is perfect for my K550s but they don't pair well with the X2's. I think my favorite tubes so far are the 408As very clear mids and highs with recessed bass. Now just to try a few different opamps, I've heard a lot about the muses01 and 02 but I'm looking for something cheaper.
I'm using WE408a and OPA2107 and I find the combination very pleasing. Definitively worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back