little dot I+ problem
Mar 12, 2011 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

codeninja

100+ Head-Fier
I have a new little dot I+ that worked an hour ago and no sound now. The blue light comes on, though. Any way, I want to check fuse, but can't figure out how to open the damn fuse cover. Can you tell me how to open it, please? I don't want to rip open...

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 10

Insert a flat bladed screwdriver into where the plug fits and pressing against the side where the fuse is lever up.

And I should be pushing the over outward? Inside where power plug is, there is a small notch, and I'm not sure if the entire side should come off or just from the notch... Thanks for your help.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 10
Oh no... I don't want to have to send it back; I love the sound of it. What's weird is the blue light comes on, but tubes never light on nor get warm.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 10
It turned out fuse is fine, although the problem continues. Actually if I plug in iPod earphone which I suspect very sensitive, I can hear faint sound at the max volume.

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 10
My amp works again. I cleaned the connectors with alcohol, and it worked. However, when I tried to clean more and plugged the same tube in, the same problem returned. So, I'm not sure if it's a matter of the connector getting oxidized problem or the amp's tube connector is acting up.

Either way, I'm too scared to switch tubes and probably keep the tubes for now; no rolling for me. 

There is another problem, btw. Since the problem, hissing started to happen. When I raise volume, hissing increases. Its not audible in most music unless i try some quiet music. If I pause the music, the hissing goes away. I don't know if this is tube or amp, or the way tube amp works... The hissing is audible through LOD, not headphone out.

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 10
Just ordered deoxit for my tube connector issue. It turned out the hissing came from my iPad LOD. I've tried 2 different LOD cables with the same problem, which went away using simple headphone out. I guess I'm going to use headphone out,

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 10
It seems iPad LOD hissing problem has been discussed before...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/490996/noise-issues-with-ipad-hooked-up-to-portable-amp

I'm going USB route, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back