Little Dot I+ - Help with Troubleshooting
Oct 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

proteinpig

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I got myself a Little Dot I+ from another head-fier about 6 months back (who said that it was 10 months old at that time). I've been using it everyday for an hour or two. I tube-rolled a bit before settling on LT1364 and Mullard EF92 combo a couple of months back. I never opened the amp nor changed tubes after that. I fed it with Pico DAC and used it with my D2000s.

Everything was going smoothly and I loved it's sound signature until it refused to turn on yesterday evening. I looked up posts on head-fi and found out that a blown fuse was the reason. After I replaced the bad fuse with the extra fuse in the slot, the amp turned on but the left channel stopped working. Both the tubes light up, the blue LED on the front side lights up and the right channel works perfectly - but the left channel stays absolutely quiet. I tried other tubes with it after changing jumpers, tried cleaning the pins / sockets with alcohol, tried swapping the tubes and made sure that the RCA cable and DAC were not the culprits. I opened up the amp and inspected it closely - I didn't see any noticeable damage to resistors et al. Has anyone faced a similar problem with their LD I+? Is there anything else I should try out? What are the options if I am unable to fix it myself? I absolutely love the amp and would like to get it repaired if possible. Any help / advice is much appreciated.

Waiting for replies ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back