Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
Jun 1, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #481 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was the kinda thing I was considering, excuse (or laugh at) the pre school art.. the green being the old resitors legs, I was thinking of soldering along the length of the legs to give a good contact, I really dont fancy going to deeply into modifying this amp, and I may not even replace these tarnished resitors unless they degrade the sound..or would it be a wise choice? If any one would like a portrait im taking orders
wink.gif

Image1.jpg

Yep, exactly like how i pictured it. Try it and tell us if you can hear any sound difference?
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #482 of 658
Quote:

ResistorLD2.jpg

It looks like part of a twinkie or your lunch got burned on the circuit board... I remember you were trying to cook an egg on the LD at one time... did you move to the inside of the unit? That may be your problem.
wink.gif

(yes, I know it is just flux from the original soldering)
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #483 of 658
I never took the lid off when cooking that egg, the pan would have fell off silly!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #484 of 658
Man, I just spent the last hour or two reading through all the posts here. Hopefully I learned something, but I won't know until tomorrow.
blink.gif

I just got my LD2++ from Penguindude a few days ago (thanks again), and I was simply blown away in the difference I was hearing in my HD595s. He also included some 6C19n-B power tubes, and I finally mustered the courage to give them a try. The differences were noticeable almost immediately. Wider soundstage, tighter bass, and much better instrument separation. Also, the mids are just wonderful. Strangely enough, while the surface of the amp feels just as hot as with the stock tubes, it seems to put out a lot less radiant heat.

I still have the stock driver tubes (Mullard), and from I've read I will probably stick with those, as I like the sound right where it's at. This looks to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Aside from that, I'm just giving this informative thread a nice little bump for all those LD2++ owners that are popping up around here.

Quote:

I never took the lid off when cooking that egg, the pan would have fell off silly!
tongue.gif

blink.gif

I've heard rumors, but I didn't think they were true. Any pics of that floating around anywhere?

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #485 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard rumors, but I didn't think they were true. Any pics of that floating around anywhere?

9937569_l.jpg

Hope you enjoy the LD2++
600smile.gif

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #487 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to revive this thread!

I am looking at some Valvo EF92 tubes, has anyone tried those?

Thanks,

Charles

I have. I really like them with my W5000. They add a good amount of bass impact that the Mullards and others are lacking.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #489 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have. I really like them with my W5000. They add a good amount of bass impact that the Mullards and others are lacking.

Hello naamanf,

Do you have any overstock of those? I would buy some off you if you like, the seller I am looking at is not using Paypal! I have over stock of what is listed in my sig.

Thanks,

Charles

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #490 of 658
back from the dead. i gave my ++ a long break but last 2-3 months has been the only thing i have listened to; that is, until my new balanced amp arrives. then it will get pushed into the background again (not forever though).

every now and then i need my tube fix.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #491 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
back from the dead. i gave my ++ a long break but last 2-3 months has been the only thing i have listened to; that is, until my new balanced amp arrives. then it will get pushed into the background again (not forever though).

every now and then i need my tube fix.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rocking!

Charles

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #492 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
back from the dead. i gave my ++ a long break but last 2-3 months has been the only thing i have listened to
smily_headphones1.gif

X2 - I just plugged it back in again, wow did it really ever used to sound this damned good!

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #493 of 658
possibly the best $200 i ever spent in this place. sturdy. well designed (have no opened it up to see if any resistors have colored, but no problems so far). compact. decent volume control. amp and pre-amp functions. good rca connectors. a few yet rewarding tube rolling options (for cheap too). and most importantly sounds great with just about every headphone i have tried. i think my ++ really opened up after i got my mini-dac. it wasn't until then that i realized just how important a good source is.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #494 of 658
There seem to be some Colomor 6065 floating around on eBay, has anyone tried these and know how they sound? Damn i'm itching again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back