Little Dot 1+ what tubes ?
Dec 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 17
Well not only you have a choice between three families of tubes by setting the jumpers on the circuit board, you can also roll the OP-amp as well. Check the tube prices on the internet. It may be cheaper just to get the stock tube and get the upgraded tubes latter. It is all the mater of personal preference. I personally like the 408A tubes myself for vocals and classical. even so I think that you will be happy for a while with the stock tube. Just enjoy the music!
beyersmile.png

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 17
I would get the basic version from davidzhezhe and run it for a bit.I heard more difference rolling op amps than tubes.There is a good thread on his website,little-tube.com,regarding rolling op amps and tubes.The amps are cheap at Farnells UK.I use mullard EF92's at the moment,as i thought the WE408A's made the rig run a bit to hot for my liking. Hope this helps..

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amps forum not headphones. Headphones don't use tubes.

I realised that after i posted
ph34r.gif

Thanks for the comments, I'm going to order the standard one and see what its like.

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 17
Thread moved per OP's request.

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 17
There is a thread on this that is actually too long to read.

But get the EF92s with your LD. The lower end aren't worth it and the higher end you can get for less.

Then read the long thread about this.

I am liking some Voshods russian tubes right now.

Many people like the Mullards.

You will likely pay too much for these tubes on ebay.

Read the big thread. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/lit...3/#post4739843

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would get the basic version from davidzhezhe and run it for a bit.I heard more difference rolling op amps than tubes.There is a good thread on his website,little-tube.com,regarding rolling op amps and tubes.The amps are cheap at Farnells UK.I use mullard EF92's at the moment,as i thought the WE408A's made the rig run a bit to hot for my liking. Hope this helps..

Thanks, what opamp should i buy on farnells? they have quite a few different models.

Do you know a good uk stockist to get 2 tubes?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 17
I have some mullard ef92s in my 1+ I'm really enjoying right now, and for me OPA627 and lt1364 sounded pretty good.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 17
Hi

just to verify is the OPA627 a direct drop in replacement for the stock OP-amp? I did try the 2107 Op-amp and had mixed feeling about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthecheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some mullard ef92s in my 1+ I'm really enjoying right now, and for me OPA627 and lt1364 sounded pretty good.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by john57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

just to verify is the OPA627 a direct drop in replacement for the stock OP-amp? I did try the 2107 Op-amp and had mixed feeling about it.

Nope, the 627s are single opamps so you'll need two on a browndog adaptor.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by john57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

Yeah its a drop in replacement, its two SOIC op amps on a pcb making them fit in a DIP socket.

This isn't were I got them, but its the same thing:
4pcs BB OPA627 - eBay (item 230408101858 end time Feb-02-10 23:19:30 PST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back