Little Dot 1+ Problem
Jun 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dibbler67

Head-Fier
Hi all.

I've been very, very pleased with my Little Dot 1+, uDAC-2, and Grado 325is combination which I've had for the past year. However, somethings gone wrong with the amp, and I was hoping someone around here had an idea of what could be done to fix it.

The problem is this: The soundstage has disappeared, the bass has disappeared, and all voices sound like they're coming through a tube from 100 yards away. I know it's the amp because I've tested all three separately with an old receiver I have laying around. I don't think it's the tubes or the opamp, as I've swapped in both sets with no difference. I have found one thing that alleviates the problem somewhat: grasping the part of the 1/4" plug extending out of the amplifier and pulling up (in turn pushing the contacts down) brings all the sound back. It seems like maybe the weight of the plug has over time pulled the socket from the circuit-board just enough to cause problems. The amp has an OPA2107AP and Mullard EF91 tubes. Jumper settings are correct, and I made sure they were correct for when I swapped in the stock 6JI tubes.

Any idea how I might fix this myself? I'm loathe to send it all the way to China for repairs if a simple solution exists.

Thanks guys.

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd suggest at the very least emailing david.  If there is a simple solution he should be able to talk you through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back