Little Country III from Firestone. Any users out there?
May 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at that price i'd rather go for a WA6.
rolleyes.gif

definitely a winning choice, I bought and sold my LC3 for ~$250, which is already a steep price for the sound worth

May 18, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at that price i'd rather go for a WA6.
rolleyes.gif

whats a wa6 ... sorry new here just getting used to everything, thanks

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 23
I love my LCIII. The sound is fantastic. I have an old Marantz 63SE and a pair of Senn 555's and HD 600's. Makes my Senn's sound fantastic. It seems to have a nice wide sound stage. I think it is the combination of the amp and the Senn's wide sound stage. I don't hear any hum or noise from the amp with these hi gain headphones.

It sounds much better than the Marantz headphone amp. Really great recordings stand out, while poor recordings sound good but not great (Think Soundgarden Superunknown, will sombody please remaster that CD!). I have been happy with my Cute 2 Amp so I though I would give the LCIII a try.

I will admit I do not have a lot of experience with equipment, but maybe that's good because I can be happy with what I have now for a while.

I want to add, I saw the LCIII for $399.00.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #20 of 23
I just replied to a similar post (should have copied and pasted)
tongue.gif
but I absolutely love my LCIII.

Sound quality is fantastic, and although I also found it to be a little pricy (I paid about $450 US for mine) I honestly think it was well worth the investment. It does everything I expected from it - even with the hefty price tag (at least for me it is)...
smily_headphones1.gif

Its a great investment if you're thinking about picking one up. Honestly I haven't tried to benchmark it against anything else really - but I enjoy it so I guess thats what matters lol.

Best of luck - unfortunately I was unable to find many reviews either. I guess since its still pretty new, not many people have had the chance...

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #21 of 23
LCIII already out quite sometime, Not new.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #22 of 23
LCIII just does not seem popular here @ Head-Fi. I would like to give it a review, but it's my first good tube amp. I have no reference point.

The only thing I can say is that when I play a CD, I hear things that I have missed before. Like one CD, the rhythm guitar came in from the far left. It was very distinct and sounds great.

Also, when I played the "Los Lonley Boys" I could actually make out all of their voices when they sang together.

Decay from cymbals was amazing as was the ability to hear little things like a bass guitar make the snare on the snare drum vibrate a little.

In a way, I would like to hear my music through another amp to see what it sounds like in comparison. Yet, ignorance is bliss so if there is better out there maybe it's better that I don't know.

Anyway, like I said before, the price has come down to $399.00. I thought it was a deal at $449.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back