Little Bear B-2 Portable Amp
Jan 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 34
just got mine in today, seems very well made, I popped in the BB 2604 also. One question with these chips if I get more, is are single op amps mono, and being it's a single socket amp have to always get the duals? noob curiocity.

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 34
As far as I know the op amps provided are all "dual" op amps, and stereophonic. I would not try and insert single op amps mono, as the socket is meant for dual amps and have to be compatible with the amp.

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #18 of 34
  As far as I know the op amps provided are all "dual" op amps, and stereophonic. I would not try and insert single op amps mono, as the socket is meant for dual amps and have to be compatible with the amp.

ah ha, heheheh thinking about it, that's just common sense *facepalm* sometimes I guess I dont think 100%
Now that i have gone through the panic of a badly bent pin. what is the best op amp? Tho looking these up, if authentic, are all very good amp chips. (currently am using the NE5532p) which out there in the wide world of a bazillion op amp chips do those who know about these ( im clueless) is the best for pairing with a wide range of high, and semi low ohm headphones? (40+ ohm). I've literally looked at so many online..... there's.....soo many. I do know some op amps are not best for headphone amps.

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 34
Just checking in and giving everyone a little update on my amp.  Still running pretty well.  I can fairly say I got my $59.00 worth.  I think I may have charged it a hand full of times and even that I never really ran it down to a low enough charge where it needed to be plugged it.  I sometimes wonder if this thing runs on uranium.  Swapping out op amps has been pretty fun with this paired with different cans.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #20 of 34
tested these two op amps from Texas Instruments  LM4562 and LM49860.  The LM4562 seems a little dry, LM49860 sounding great with my classic string instruments.  Like the sound better than the BB opamps.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #22 of 34
Sorry to bring up an old post again, but I recently bought a Colorfly C3 from the used board, and I'm wondering whether this would pair well with it...

Most people who own C3 use C&C BH.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 34
Question ..what is the best way to remove the chip without bending the clip ...me a noob and not handy with things like this ?

How is the performance of this amp after a year of usage ? @hchanrn @Rosario @takkaros

Thanks guys ..appreciate the feedback

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #25 of 34
The best way I have found to remove the op amps would be to take a pair of cheap precision tweezers and bend the tips inward.  To remove the op amps hook the tips under the op amps and pull straight up.  Don't rock it back and forth or else the pins will bend.

As for the amp...still running really well.  I replaced the in and out jacks.  Got to be really annoying since they were not making good contact to begin with.  Rolling op amps has been interesting with this amp.  There are small nuances with each op amp.  The battery life still amazes me...I think the lithium ion battery pack is overkill but it really stretches out the time between recharges.  I am tempted to order the adaptor to take advantage of the battery pack to charge devices via usb.

I am also surprised that this unit handles low ohm IEM's (Balanced armature).  No hissing floor noise or crackling when turning the volume knob.  Over the past year I have bought many pieces or equipment....this least expensive piece but the best $59 I have spent.

My next plan is to upgrade the caps with larger capacity nichicon gold caps.  I'll check back in when I pull off the project.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #26 of 34
From your posting ...it seems to be performing well ..thanks man ...do update if you upgrade the gold caps ...pics would be nice ...thank you again very much for yr input .

Cheers.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #29 of 34
Nice look with the wrap.  I haven't gotten the chance to get those caps in.  Been busy with work and family.  Hopefully get it done with in this month or so.

Cheers man ....this amp is really awesome......rolling op amp has been a rewarding experience too with very satisfying result ...also having slight problem with headphone input jack ..sort of loose ..any suggestions ? thanks:D

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #30 of 34
I replaced the jacks with this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-1-8-Mini-Female-Headphone-Jack-Plug-Stereo-Audio-Panel-Mount-Philmore504K-/271594393759?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3c49909f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back