Listening to the Qualia 010's
Oct 14, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #31 of 56
You may post your reply in the "Amplification" forum to prevent this thread from going off topic.

Oct 14, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
So, tell us, what IS the perceived similarity to Nelson Pass' designs? Presumably it has something to do with the amp's curcuit. Or were you only referring to the chassis?!?

No, No, you are wrong... just one of the 4 rubber feet of the RP010 is identical to one of the feet of a old Pass amp...
tongue.gif

Best!
Nicola

Oct 14, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #33 of 56
I dont see why he has to prove anything to you Sugani-san - Nik stated his opinion - what you infer from it is up to you - please dont take a confrontational attitude...its just an opinion...

I am more interested HERE in hearing about the Qualia listening impressions with different setups - if you cannot keep the discussion on topic I will have to report the offending posts to the mod because it is making this thread useless.

Thank you guys...back on topic please
confused.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I dont see why he has to prove anything to you Sugani-san - he stated his opinion - what you infer from it is up to you - please dont take a confrontational attitude - not required.

I am more interested HERE in hearing about the Qualia listening impressions with different setups - if you cannot keep the discussion on topic I will have to report the offending posts to the mod because it is making this thread useless.

Thank you.

I would like to speak english like you Guru !!!

Best!
Nicola

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
one of the 4 rubber feet of the RP010 is identical to one of the feet of a old Pass amp.

I thought so.

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

Thank you.

Now if you children cannot behave on the playground we are going to end recess early. Just play nice and no tattle tales.

Believe it or not we read the posts too and are more than capable of keeping things in check without a barrage of reported posts.

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

I thought so.

So, if this was your idea, why did you asked to me? Just for love of competition and war, thanks! You are very, very kind...

Best!
Nicola

PS:
The "Pass foot" is the left on the front side... if you have good glass you can see it in my new avatar
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #38 of 56
Nik, would you recognize irony if I paid you to do so?

Or is there no other way than to put multiple smilies to be understood correctly?

biggrin.gif
eek.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
tongue.gif
600smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif
confused.gif
eggosmile.gif
lambda.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Or is there no other way than to put multiple smilies to be understood correctly?

biggrin.gif
eek.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
tongue.gif
600smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif
confused.gif
eggosmile.gif
lambda.gif

The smilie of your avatar speaks by him self... sometimes you are a bit agressive... for my tastes.

Best!
Nicola

Oct 14, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #40 of 56
Just so I get this straight, and before I go out and buy these (010) and send my SDS back to Mikhail to retune it for the 010... Are you saying with your better recordings the 010/Singlepower combo retreives more detail, and has higher resolution, than your orpheus? I think I see a trip to SC in my future.
wink.gif

Also what tubes have you been using so far?

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Just so I get this straight, and before I go out and buy these (010) and send my SDS back to Mikhail to retune it for the 010... Are you saying with your better recordings the 010/Singlepower combo retreives more detail, and has higher resolution, than your orpheus? I think I see a trip to SC in my future.
wink.gif

Also what tubes have you been using so far?

This is very interesting, can you tell me more about the retune for the 010?
(I sent a e-mail to Singlepower asking the best product they do for the Qualia 010) I received nothing yet... I'm now veri interested in a comparison between my SS amp with a very good tube one (as Singlepowers are...). I posted my impressions about the comparison with the EAR HP4 on the other thread.

Best!
Nicola

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

It is generally a bad idea to use irony with someone who is not proficient in the language you are using. They won't get it, nor should they have to. The linguistic barrier is difficult enough without using nuances of an unfamiliar language to make a point. Simple declarative sentences work better across a language barrier.

Oct 15, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #43 of 56
Tom, better keep that SDS. That amp is too good to let go without a fight.

The Qualia 010 has exhibited more detail than the Orpheus. Wider headstage. Amazed me. The Orpheus does have those wonderful rich mid's that I love. More thump in the bass. Qualia 010 has a tighter lower range. Now if I can only get both from one headphone . . .

I am still rolling tubes with the Maestro ZR for the Qualia 010's. Via Mikhail, I now have the Tung-Sol as driver and 6SN7W's at output. Burn-in time. Mr. Hirsch made another excellent suggestion that makes sense to me involving two Tung-Sols. Plus, the 6SN7GT will be tried.

Why not confuse things further? The R10's should be here by Saturday or Monday.

Oct 15, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
This is very interesting, can you tell me more about the retune for the 010?
(I sent a e-mail to Singlepower asking the best product they do for the Qualia 010) I received nothing yet... I'm now veri interested in a comparison between my SS amp with a very good tube one (as Singlepowers are...). I posted my impressions about the comparison with the EAR HP4 on the other thread.

Best!
Nicola

this would be great Nik!
I'm sure you'll love singlepowers
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back