Listening to music drunk overrated?
Nov 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #63 of 94
lung cancer, no, all around immaturity and annoyingness (new word), yes.

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #64 of 94
I haven't met a stoner who wasnt a major dbag. So I agree with you.

Also fun fact: Marijuana is more addictive than LSD. I still find it does nothing with music, in fact I find closing my eyes far more effecting than marijuana in creating that "trip" sensation.

I hate the way that information available is increasing, and yet the knowledge of people is decreasing. Welcome to the age of misinformation.

Nov 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #65 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdef3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No they aren't. There are also over like a bajillion of them.

I went through the first five pages. Not a single even slightly credible source. Can you find one?

Bajillion doesn't mean anything, Stoners have been known to love the internet.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #67 of 94
While the term "drunk" is a subjective one, I'd say that someone who is truly drunk would not be able to appreciate music to its fullest.

Any sort of depressant is going to influence your perception of any of your senses. If consumed in the proper amount, it's possible that it could relax the mind and body to a state that's more vulnerable to music and its effects.

I don't advocate alcohol for this constantly, because it's awefully close to the definition of alcoholism.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #68 of 94
Screw drinking, doing anything while drunk will change how you perceive it. Get stoned outta your mind.. that'll make world of difference trust me I know.

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #69 of 94
cheech-chong-smoke.jpg

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #70 of 94
Everything about alcohol is overrated.
Though I understand why some people enjoy music while drunk.(At least for some genres.

By the way, both weed and alcohol is bad for your health.What is important is how much and how frequent you use them.It is true for almost all of the substances out there.

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #71 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also fun fact: Marijuana is more addictive than LSD. I still find it does nothing with music, in fact I find closing my eyes far more effecting than marijuana in creating that "trip" sensation.

I hate the way that information available is increasing, and yet the knowledge of people is decreasing. Welcome to the age of misinformation.

lol!

I do agree with the illusion of drifting by closing your eyes. Disconnecting visual sensations creates vertigo like symptoms.

If a person is a dbag, their mental state won't change the fact. You just happen to know a lot of major dbags.

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #72 of 94
Jesus, all I am trying to say is that
by smoking it you won't get lung cancer. I'm not advocating the use of it or making generalizations about the people who use it. Some of you need to chill a bit. It's the Internet afterall.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #73 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If this is true, then LSD must not be addictive at all. THC has not been found to be addictive in a way that would cause someone to become physically dependent on it. The studies trickle in, but there is no irrefutable proof of any meaningful measure. You can become socially/psychologically addicted, however. But you can also become hazardously addicted to upgrading your hi-fi rig/sports car/Beenie Baby collection. No revelation there.

So, ironically-named Mr. Green: Don't call out the spread of misinformation on the interweb if you are going to, at the same time, throw in misleading statements such as the above. That is unless you like the smack of that Simple pure-hemp "Not-marijuana-I-swear!" shoe you've been chewing on.

I'm not a pot advocate, per say - never tried the stuff - but this isn't the prohibition era. Wise up, folks.
icon10.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #74 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this is true, then LSD must not be addictive at all. THC has not been found to be addictive in a way that would cause someone to become physically dependent on it. The studies trickle in, but there is no irrefutable proof of any meaningful measure. You can become socially/psychologically addicted, however. But you can also become hazardously addicted to upgrading your hi-fi rig/sports car/Beenie Baby collection. No revelation there.

So, ironically-named Mr. Green: Don't call out the spread of misinformation on the interweb if you are going to, at the same time, throw in misleading statements such as the above. That is unless you like the smack of that Simple pure-hemp "Not-marijuana-I-swear!" shoe you've been chewing on.

I'm not a pot advocate, per say - never tried the stuff - but this isn't the prohibition era. Wise up, folks.
icon10.gif

From wikipedia (sums it up nicely... and everyone loves wikipedia
wink.gif
):
380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol!

I do agree with the illusion of drifting by closing your eyes. Disconnecting visual sensations creates vertigo like symptoms.

If a person is a dbag, their mental state won't change the fact. You just happen to know a lot of major dbags.

Man, I've got so many stories about drunk stoners at the tavern at uni. They always come up to me when I am playing pool with my girlfriend and start hitting on her, and then we make a witty remark that goes straight over his head. He then proceeds to inform me of how intellectual he is (often quoting his IQ as higher than 130), and then proceeds to state that his IQ has dropped 20 points (yes, 20) because he smokes weed every day. If I was a violent person (rather than painfully sarcastic) I'd have snapped every pool cue in the tav over my knee.

Also for the record I find laying down really helps the sensation you get when you close your eyes
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #75 of 94
It can be slightly addicting as it does contain an amount of nicotine. THC is not physically addicting as far as I know. It seems you can avoid much of the nasty stuff by vaporizing or eating it. Smoke in general isn't good for you or your gear and you don't risk those nasty burns in the furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back