Listening to music drunk overrated?
Nov 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 94
drunk is not recommended. you will notice slight enhancements being buzzed. stoned and buzzed at the same time is one of the best enhancements you could do for your listening sessions. would not recommend for daily use though.
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shed the analytical mindset?! Given that you are a fan of the K701/DacMagic combo, I find this hard to believe. You can't get more precise and analytical than that!
wink.gif

The 650s are going on for those sessions!
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorpitarius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cannabis / weed is best headphone/hi-fi adjunct imho .
hearing much more of the music/sonic textures .
alcohol kind've deadens my ears, seems like .

beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif
=
L3000.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #21 of 94
Quote:

alcohol kind've deadens my ears, seems like .

Just a tiny amount is the best in cases like these. Just enough to really get into the music and still enjoy reading a nice book at the same time.
k701smile.gif

Or so I have heard...
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #22 of 94
Quote:

This. Anyone who has ever spent more than $60 on a cable should see what the same value of cannabis gets them for their listening experience. Truly better than any tweak or even source upgrade.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good alcohol is a pleasure. Good music is a pleasure. A delicately balanced colloidal integration of these two indulgent activities can serve ones senses well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, a few well-placed pints moves you away from the analytical mindset and lets you get involved in the music in a different way than you're used to.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it stoned.

There are no proven benefits to auditory perception from being stone.
Anyway, I'm on the fence whether I think alcohol is good for music - I don't really like alcohol so I don't drink it. I dont care if people find enhancements with it. If they do, all the more power to them - placebo or not.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #25 of 94
Those pills with the smileys on work for me.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #26 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This. Anyone who has ever spent more than $60 on a cable should see what the same value of cannabis gets them for their listening experience. Truly better than any tweak or even source upgrade.

well...at least the cable lasts longer. the cannabis will start to accumulate over time.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #27 of 94
Listening with a head on is only overrated by those who don't do it frequently enough.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #28 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are no proven benefits to auditory perception from being stone.
Anyway, I'm on the fence whether I think alcohol is good for music - I don't really like alcohol so I don't drink it. I dont care if people find enhancements with it. If they do, all the more power to them - placebo or not.

Mind altering substances can affect your perception of any of your senses. Its practically in the definition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back