Listening to music drunk overrated?
Nov 21, 2009 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
Some say music get sweeter with some alcohole in your body. I admit I have not really tried listening to music drunk previously. I am drunk at the moment and I don´t really see how that make things sound better. Surely I can´t really find flaws since I am to drunk to noitice... Just to get at least semi accurate spelling and grammar in my state is hugely challenging since I have problem seeing what I am writing...

Am I alone finding music is worse when you are drunk compared to 100 % sober? Surely It´s hard to find flaws in this mental conditions and the music make me want to puke but is that a positive lol

Nov 22, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 94
Good alcohol is a pleasure. Good music is a pleasure. A delicately balanced colloidal integration of these two indulgent activities can serve ones senses well. However, if one is intoxicated to the point of incapacity, rather than pleasingly inebriated, one has gone too far to do well from the combination.

Nov 22, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it stoned.

Or if you on some heavy duty painkillers after a surgery...
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 94
Im buzzed right now and I love listening to music more with a good buzz and think it sounds better because Im just much more relaxed and i'm usually a pretty intense person that works a lot and am always stressed out. I also have ADD so if i'm sober i feel like I don't have the time or patience to just sit and enjoy music. It's different for everybody but that s my 2 cents.

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try it stoned.

Even better while rolling.
jecklinsmile.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #10 of 94
+1 for drunken posting!
biggrin.gif

I find that too many drinks puts me into such a relaxed mood that I drift off and fall asleep. However, a few well-placed pints moves you away from the analytical mindset and lets you get involved in the music in a different way than you're used to.

As for other substances... without admitting or denying anything, it seems that an altered state of mind achieved by means other than alcohol also lends a different perspective on music. Especially certain psychoactive substances now available by perscription in California and several other states.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #12 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to agree with Duggeh. Give me 2-3 nice glasses of whisky. Just enough to smooth the edges and shed the analytical mindset. Anymore and I'm probably going to fall asleep!

Shed the analytical mindset?! Given that you are a fan of the K701/DacMagic combo, I find this hard to believe. You can't get more precise and analytical than that!
wink.gif

That said, I also like a nip/dram/snifter of fine Jack whilst imbibing in a little Gilmore Lite/HF-2 action. I find rock less intriguing than electronic music, mind you, under these circumstances. It's easier to pay attention to all the beeps and boops than complex drums and guitar soaring about. Anything with subtle nuances is also a struggle. I find myself cranking the volume to compensate and eventually guilt trip myself out of longer listening sessions.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #13 of 94
I do not think it is overrated. Simply because I can not remember that many have rated it high in the first place...
Good alcohol can make a difference, eg. a glass of scotch or red wine while enjoying music. But not to the point where you get drunk.
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #14 of 94
I do not think it is overrated. Simply because I can not remember that many have rated it high in the first place...
Good alcohol can make a difference, eg. a glass of scotch or red wine while enjoying music. But not to the point where you get drunk.
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #15 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good alcohol is a pleasure. Good music is a pleasure. A delicately balanced colloidal integration of these two indulgent activities can serve ones senses well. However, if one is intoxicated to the point of incapacity, rather than pleasingly inebriated, one has gone too far to do well from the combination.

QFT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back