Listening Chairs
May 1, 2006 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Ridire123

Head-Fier
Not sure this is the right forum, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else! I suppose you could consider a chair an accessory to the experience.

Anywho, just curious what most people use for their listening chairs? I'm about to graduate from high school and my parents thought they might buy me a chair or something for my dorm room. I'm not sure their budget, but I imagine under $500 is about right. Hoping for something rather comfortable, as opposed to this rigid old computer chair.

Anyone happen to have any recommendations?

May 1, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 16
i could use some suggestions as well
icon10.gif

May 1, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 16
Consider getting a good work chair- I find myself listening most while I'm working at my desk, and this standard dorm chair is killing my back. A few of my friends have saved up for Steelcase chairs (they make office furniture) and they love them. I'm looking into it too.

And also, consider the amount of room you will have next year. I have an average-sized double (11'x14' maybe) and would have trouble fitting a dedicated listening/relaxing chair, unless we bunked.

May 1, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #6 of 16
I use the BodyBilt K3507 with headrest, memory foam, and comfortech fabric upgrades.
biggrin.gif

bodybilt.jpg

Memory foam is just killer btw. Lifeform makes memory foam chairs; so does Tempur-Pedic. It is plush while maintating support. I sampled all of the big chairs - Aeron, Leap, Life. It was all over once I sat in this. They might not look as cool, but the comfort is godly.

On the cheap try www.championseating.com

May 1, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #8 of 16
Personally, I'm saving up for one of these:

http://www.highbrowfurniture.com/sea...roducts/67071/

I've always had a thing for the Eames chair, and I've been putting away a little money towards one each month. Might go used, since you can save a few dollars if you're willing to work on it. I have fantasies about putting my feet up in an Eames chair with the AKG K-1000 on.

But for now, I use my desk chair. It's a circa 1910 quartersawn oak office chair with a swivel base. I got it a couple years ago and spent some time refinishing it. Very comfortable for long periods, but it's not an Eames chair.

May 1, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #9 of 16
That is a great one there.Looks unbelievably comfortable.

I am going to search for one like that but without the wood so hopefully the price wont be like that
eek.gif

May 1, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 16
The Zero G chair is awesome... I sat in one when I auditioned the Summits that I bought. The guy was loaded up the wazoo and his chair was quite the comfy one.... didnt think it costed more than $2K though. Whoa..

May 2, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #15 of 16
A bean bag. One of the most comfortable but certainly the most versatile piece of furniture ever created (bigger versions can be used as a bed for a night). Less expensive versions can start at $50 a piece or less. Excellent price/performance ratio although I'm not sure if it's the most healthy way to sit or lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back