Listening Activities
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

clever-pseud

New Head-Fier
Okay I was just doing some programming study while listening to Infected Mushroom (psych-trance Infected Mushroom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and drinking a little beer (Olde School Barleywine Olde School Barleywine - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery - BeerAdvocate). I started wondering what sort of activities others generally partake of whilst listening to their phones.

I'm taking a special interest here in those who engage in altered mental states and listen to tranceish musics on their phones for relevance to my personal state, but all comers are interesting.

So here it is: what do you do while you're listening to music on your phones? To make this especially relevant to head-fi, i.e. the land of headphone equipment enthusiasts, let's also say which equipment we prefer for these activities. For me, I have Denon AH-D2000's plugged to an Asus Xonar Essence STX.

Go go go!

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I read, I did homework when I had school (I have no idea how, but listening to music helped me understand algebra!), or just close my eyes and get lost.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 6
Altered mental states? Um, er, I suppose that's happened once or twice.

For trippy psychedelic music, I love using the HD-650. It's laid back, groovy and comfortable to wear. My weapon of choice for amplification is the Moth Si2A3. Those 2A3s put some magic in the mids - it's incredible in several states of mind. Also, the 2A3s light up impressively, which can further enhance an experience.

For format, I usually run with SACD or Red Book. I've found that vinyl requires a bit of coordination, which isn't always there. Also, you don't want to leave a record going if there's a chance you might drift off.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Surf the web, read/send email, organize music, read books, enjoy a cold beer, ... or simply nothing at all...

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 6
sometimes when i listen to the music,i like reading some fashion or other magazines which my girlfriend brings home(actually looking the photos on these magazines).I find very emotional the compination that music+pictures make.
I also feel something similar when i listen to music and watch tv at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back