Listened to the B & W P5's last night
Feb 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Went to Definitive Audio's "Music Matters 5" event last night in the company of a few Head-Fier's xtreme4099, curbfeeler and revpower. Anyway got to listen to a some cool demonstrations.
When I went into the B&W's and Classe demo room and the first thing I notice were the P5's iPod & MP3 Headphones | Noise Isolating Head phones - Bowers & Wilkins | B&W Speakers . I asked David Baker, the Regional sales manager of B & W if I could listen to them before the demo and he whipped out is ipod. I liked the sound but noticed that they were not at their full potential. They were very pleasant to listen to, but the ipod was not doing them justice. A headphone amp will make them sing. After the Demo David showed Ken (revpower) and I the features of the headphones, he popped off the pads and showed us a little more of the headphones. The detachable cable, the pads that give 20db of isolation. I can see these cans being modified very easily. Very cool demo.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 16
And you didn’t pull out a nice Pico or other portable amp to demo it to him
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

BTW did he give you a price range?

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 16
I brought some CD's but dropped the ball and forgot my portable rig. Have a Tomahawk and Portaphile.

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 16
They seem to revolve so much around the "iPod", why is that?
I am a S9 user, so I guess they didn't have me in mind when designing it. So, I guess I shouldn't get them.

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 16
Any word on the price?

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They seem to revolve so much around the "iPod", why is that? ...

Unfortunately since ipod has the largest market share many companies target that group.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately since ipod has the largest market share many companies target that group.

Hey sorry about that thread on ABi.

It also can easily be re-worded to ipod and PMP or just PMP. Or DAP

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey sorry about that thread on ABi.

It also can easily be re-worded to ipod and PMP or just PMP.

I'm no ipod fan either, but IMHO it's best not to curse them or any other brands. For the longest time, well even still now that stupid thin jack really bothers me, but what bothered me more is all the companies that bowed to jobs and made their phones with that stupid thin plug. Although I don't have one other than a 1st gen shuffle, I can imagine how nice a rockboxed one with a lod might be, fortunately for folks like me rockbox is available on a number of other players.

Apologies to others for the brief diversion off topic, but I’m sure that the P5 works on any portable player, they’re just trying to jump on the ipod ban wagon.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #10 of 16
They should be priced about the same as the SR 325's.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should be priced about the same as the SR 325's.
evil_smiley.gif

$295? Can you please describe the sound, albeit with the ipod?

And when/where can they be purchased?

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 16
They will not be released for a few months. Got a lucky audition.

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #14 of 16
"from the makers of the Zeppelin™ iPod® speaker"

From the makers of the most overpriced iPod accessory EVER... comes the second most overpriced iPod accessory ever.

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"from the makers of the Zeppelin™ iPod® speaker"

From the makers of the most overpriced iPod accessory EVER... comes the second most overpriced iPod accessory ever.

confused_face.gif

Zeppelin is the most ugly thing I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back