sr40

akg:
k1000
k-340
k-240 sextet
k-240 difuse field
k-270

senheiser:
nothing worth owning that i already have an amp for.

etymotic:
er4s

stax:
omega 2
lambda signature
gama pro
sr-40

audio-technica
ath-a55

koss
ksp-75
a-130

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #32 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Who needs those 'phones when you got W5000 and AD2000?!

After having a chance to here the AD2ks at nabwong's mini-meet I'd hafta agree with you.

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #33 of 158
I'm cool, my headphones are in my sig
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #34 of 158
Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser HD595
Audio Technica ATH-ES7

At the moment I'm happy about my small stash. What I'd like now are a few amps to play around with.. Just waiting on the HEADFIVE, should be arriving anyday now!
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 158
In order of preference, but depends on mood....

HD600
HF-1
K701
UE5
KSC75
PX100
UE3 (aeroplane rides)

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #36 of 158
Altec Lansing inMotion iM716

KOSS KSC-75

(I definitely plan to get more
biggrin.gif
) (... my wallet...)

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #37 of 158
Koss A130
Koss Portapro
Koss KSC-75 (Currently loaned out to my sister to replace her Sony streetstyles)
Koss KTX Pro-1 (Currently MIA in my Dad's office somewhere)
Koss UR29 (Currently loaned out to my cousin to replace the ibuds she left in India)
Sennheiser HD201
Pioneer SE-205
Some old Jensen buds from 1997

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #40 of 158
In no particular order because I haven't heard the arriving ones before:

Grado SR80
Grado HF-1 #129
AKG K701 (on the way here)
Audio Technica CK7 (on the way here)

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #41 of 158
oh my. past cans? fine, i'll take a look at my Curse you Thread and try to follow it from day one of head-fi.

hmm, came with V150 Sony cans, and some aiwa MD stock buds on a streetstyle band. pretty meager, eh?

then my wife got me an ipod. hello, crap ibuds!

i upgraded to a sony blue clipbud thing that is still floating around somewhere. cost me like 12 bucks, no lows at ALL.

i took a huge leap after doing serious research here, and stepped up to the MS-1.

LOVED the MS-1, so I had to sell the Alessandro MS-1 to upGrado to an Alessandro MS-2.

Then I needed a closed can because the wife was getting annoyed, so I got a Sony CD3000.

Didn't like the CD3K, so I picked up a Beyerdynamic DT770/80, sold it, got a used DT770/600, and modded to a Darth Beyer!

Grabbed the chance to sell the CD3K to pick up a Joe Grado SR200 with HP1000 drivers! No more need for the MS-2 with the SR200/HP1000 in the house, so sold the MS-2.

Then a Big Opportunity came up. I had to kick the SR200 and Darth Beyer and other things to the curb to come up with the power to get the Joe Grado HP-2! I still have this baby!

I really needed a portable can, so I got a KSC-35, then sold it and got a SR60.

Around here I picked up a K501 for 1911, but it was his bday gift so I don't count this. I also don't count an AT CM3 bud that I got my wife here just for the looks. She traded in her crap buds that I keep just to show folks how bad "normal" cans are that folks listen to. A VERY generous head-fier was the third owner of my original darth beyers and actually returned them to me for nothing! Very Generous, I still appreciate that! Of course, my sister stole them for her movie...

At this time a STAX Lambda Pro came up, and I almost broke the bank getting this JUST when the Grado HF-1 was announced and of course I had to get this too. So this was the point where my wallet was screaming, divorce was imminent, and I had 4+ cans in the house!

I converted my KSC-35 into The Mule by putting it into a Yamaha can that looked very similar to the current AKG K81DJ - see? Instinctively I knew what I needed, but there was no can at the time for that niche!

But then I sold the Mule and traded the HF-1 plus Mule cash to get the SR325i. But walking around with Golden Globes was a bit much...

So I sold the SR325i and went almost back to basics again with the KSC-35 (cash from the SR325i went to get the Headamp AE-1). I loved the KSC-35 so much that I got The Burninator - recabled KSC-35 on a Portapro headband!

I loved the Koss portables so much I got a KSC-75 as well, and put the KSC-35 clips on em, then sold the KSC-35 drivers with the KSC-75 clips on them. I also picked up a Sennheiser PX100 on hype, but I wasn't really a Senn guy, so sold them later.

OK, technically I got ibuds again twice when I got the 5G iPod and the iPod Radio Remote - those stupid buds are making a nice lil pile in my toolbox!

Ok so around here my own bday comes up so 1911 hooks me up with...Senn HD280 cans. Gee, thanks. I sell em. He tells me the Real Gift is my original pair of HF-1 (#200) modded by Headphile to an HHF-1, Cocobolo! But I have to go to Cali to pick them up. They're still over there...

Well I won a pair of AKG K81DJ at the National Meet! Yay!

Around here I get really nostalgic, so I sell The Burninator to get my first ever can, the Alessandro MS-1.

But what the hell? I'm feeling the SAME UPGRADO AS I DID BEFORE! So I sell the Alessandro MS-1 and get an Alessandro MS-2i...WHAT AM I DOING!?

So the circle is complete. Around and Around we go, where it stops, nobody knows!
redface.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #42 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
I got it! Let's give a collective growl at milkpowder for getting both of us to feel just a bit inadequate after we see the "milkpowder collection" past and present......
frown.gif

"....Grrrrrrrrr"
mad.gif

wink.gif

Grrrrr indeed! Good thinking.

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #43 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
But then I sold the Mule and traded the HF-1 plus Mule cash to get the SR325i.

You sold the family mule to support your headphones habit? How is grandpa getting from place to place these days?

Oct 8, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #44 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
You sold the family mule to support your headphones habit? How is grandpa getting from place to place these days?

same as the rest of us - swim!
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back