List your favorite classical piece.
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally off subject but...
Jonathan-2,500 posts and you joined in August!?
Now thats a Head-Fier.

Have you met Rednamalas1 yet?
biggrin.gif
We hang out at the Member's Lounge a lot. I do, anyway. Bored grad students.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #18 of 33
I could do with some great classical recommendations.

Really enjoyed Carl orff after reading he is a must buy, bought some Wagner for the great dramatic pieces, and thoroughly enjoy any haunting violin and masterful piano pieces.

Maybe something a little less well known that usually flies under the radar to help expand someone's musical awareness and tastes.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #20 of 33
mofonyx - Nice. They'll be at Carnegie next weekend, and I am doing my best to find a ticket to one, or two, or all three of the shows. The one with the Bruckner 9 would probably be my first choice though.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #22 of 33
I'll go for two - Bruch's first violin concerto & From Holbergs Time by Grieg.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #24 of 33
Luuvvvv that Górecki, but the piece I listen to the most is:

Morton Feldman - "Triadic Memories"

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #25 of 33
Mozart's Piano Concerto No.20 (K466) in D minor

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #27 of 33
Mahler's fifth symphony,most Mozart's piano concertos,Brahms' first and fourth symphonies,all Beethoven's symphonies(except maybe the first...),Beethoven 3d piano concerto,Mozart's Requiem...it's impossible to name only one! argh!

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mofonyx - Nice. They'll be at Carnegie next weekend, and I am doing my best to find a ticket to one, or two, or all three of the shows. The one with the Bruckner 9 would probably be my first choice though.

Yes clearly. I wasn't able to comprehend the complexity of Bruckner's 9th until I heard it at the Royal Festival Hall.

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #30 of 33
Sibelius Violin Concerto. Haunting and dramatic violin concerto - hint hint, dazzer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back