List of High-End Digital Source Owners on Head-Fi
Jul 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #197 of 281
LECTOR AUDIO CDP 7T - Tube CD - Class A $5365.00

Hey, PS. Lector is coming out with a passive pre/headphone amp, should be here in US in two weeks, called the ZUM, hybrid design, Price unknown, I hope it's reasonble

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #198 of 281
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LECTOR AUDIO CDP 7T - Tube CD - Class A $5365.00

I would love to know your impressions of this cdp. I had, and was very fond of, the Lector 0.6T, which I still believe is one of the best bargains to entry-level high-end cdps. This is the first mention of another Lector I've seen on this forum. I ended up selling mine to Mikhail at CanJam, who was also impressed with it. Comparing it to my Exemplar Denon, it sounded slightly congested, and almost too lush, but matched with a SP preamp> FirstWatt F1>Abby speakers, it was just gorgeous. I always wanted to hear its big brother. Since you're a FL guy, maybe you can make one of our meets.

Re my own stash, I'm still hanging on to the Exemplar Denon 2900. I have yet to find a redbook player I like better under $6000 in casual comparisons, and in serious comparisons to the Esoteric DV50 and SA10, I preferred the Denon's redbook, but the Esoterics trounced it for sacd. I also recently bought a used APL Phillips SACD 1000. I'll be hearing it for the first time at the Aug 2nd DC meet. I'm pretty excited as I have a KGBH SE on order, and Justin will have the prototype there. A local DC head-fier also owns the Exemplar Denon 2900, and I'm hoping he'll bring it so I can do a comparison between the two sources with my future rig, along with comparing the O2 MK1 (mine) and O2 MKIIs (Justin's or tkam's).

EDIT: gjkphd, just caught your edit re the Lector preamp, headphone amp...you certainly grabbed my interest fast.....hmmmmm....ugh.

Jul 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #201 of 281
Speaking of the Examplar 2900 mod. How does the 3910 compare to it? I considering pulling the trigger on a used tube stage mod of the latter?

Also while you're pondering... any thoughts on the Krell Standard cd/sacd? Justin loves it.

And to put it all in context I'm either going to buy Justin's BHSE with STAX Omega MKII eletrostatic phones or, stay dynamic and go with Pete Millet's new "Monster" TTVJ 307A and build on my current can collection of balanced HD 650 (Equinox) and K701s (APureSounds) I am totally bewildered and confused...frozen in trying to decide there.

For, me all these decisions are not "high end"...they got me doing off the
deep end!

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #202 of 281
while i love krell's older series front ends, not a fan of their newer reference series. the sound deviates from their customary grooviness in exchange for more 'hifi'ness. like how senn screwed up the hd650 to try to tweak what's already good. the class a series kps 25sc however is absolutely amazing. balls to the wall kick you in the face get up and jump type of deal while at the same time you could also sit back and enjoy a doobie while you let the beats go vibing...

Jul 13, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #203 of 281
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that's one I'd really like to hear.

I want to hear this one as well. We will get our chance at CanJam '09.

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #206 of 281
Might as well post my CDP:

Densen B400XS

Price when I bought it was $7500 AUD

The GBP price was 2500 pounds.
I think it sold for $5000 USD in the States.

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #208 of 281
McCormack UDP-1

The best source I've ever had and simply perfect to my limited ears. This goes for every audio format (except for MP3), although 99.9% I listen to these days is CD – due to its editability (–> Crossfeed).

Jul 20, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #209 of 281
MSB Platinum III player with signature DAC upgrades and new 32x digital filter - $20,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back