List of decent headphones in J&R NYC
Jul 19, 2007 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
During my lunch break today, I went over to J&R and made a list of all decent headphones that they have in stock in the store.

Grado:
iGrado
SR-60
SR-80
SR-225
SR-325i
RS-2
(they might have SR-125, but I didn't see them)

AKG:
K271
K601
K701

Audio-Technica
ATH-A700
ATH-ANC7

Other:
Denon AH-A1000
Most Sennheisers, Shure, V-Moda

Hope this helps people looking for headphone stores in NYC.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 8
Ko0ls! I want to hear the igrados
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ko0ls! I want to hear the igrados
smily_headphones1.gif

I do not think you can audition them, however, you could buy and then return them I think...

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Too far........The cost to get there and back would be almost the price for the return,,id just keep them for my collection like a true head-fi person
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 8
damn, i wanted to try some good full sized cans to compare to my E4C before i leave.. this place would've been perfect, as it is right by where i am going on tuesday.

what stores allow you to try them out? i suppose i could buy them with cash and return them before i leave... i really just want to compare them to my e4c, heh. although the grados and akg's are on my list to buy in the future when im not a college student or something

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 8
which ones do you want to check out?

most headphones are plugged into their wall of shame, but you cannot use your own source to try any of them.

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 8
well i havn't heard any decent full sized cans really, so anything is good. and i would like to plug them into my source. are there any other stores in NYC that let you try them? or baltimore for that matter, which is where i will be in a week.

what i've heard i'd probably like are in my sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back