lisse Q10 hot in my hands from Korea via eBay...
Apr 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #46 of 66
Excellent! Thank you for this review.
I think that the SQ of the U10/Q10 is really good...
The EQs of my U10 are well set BUT the user EQ is unuseable (sounds really muffled)
The Screen and the UI are very good.
Before an upgrade to the S:Flo2 I am going to try other iems (Hippo VB).
I'll give my impressions and compare them to the re0 coupled to the U10.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #47 of 66
hey i was wondering if any of you who own a lisse player lost battery life even when its off. I charged it fully about 4 days ago, turned it on and noticed the battery life depleted.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #48 of 66
Hi vongola,

I have a lisse Q10, and sometime this week I'll check out the charging behaviour. I'm interested to know whether or not that "feature" you mention is present in the Q10...

By the way, which lisse DAP/PMP do you own? I kind of feel like there should be a "lisse club" on Head-Fi for those of us who dig 'em...

Anyhow, nice to meet you! Enjoy the lisse-ening! :p

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #49 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by riton66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent! Thank you for this review.
I think that the SQ of the U10/Q10 is really good...
The EQs of my U10 are well set BUT the user EQ is unuseable (sounds really muffled)
The Screen and the UI are very good.
Before an upgrade to the S:Flo2 I am going to try other iems (Hippo VB).
I'll give my impressions and compare them to the re0 coupled to the U10.

Hi riton66,

Which 'phones are you using with your U10 currently?

How do you like the U10?? Any chance you could mention some of the plusses/minuses to it??

And if you don't mind pointing a non-Korean speaker in the right direction; Do you know how I could get my hands on one or (even more tantalizing of a specimen) the H10?? (The 5" Player)

Hope you're having fun with the U10...

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #50 of 66
Ive got a q10 as well. surprisingly its a great player minus the album art
support and weird depleting battery issue. Hopefully there are firmwares out there that could improve the q10 also.

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #51 of 66
FLACVest > I use re0 with my U10. I also tested my NE-7M and ATH-A900 with Fiio5...
I really do like the U10. It seems to sounds like my Sansa Clip with better bass and better soundstage. (to my taste)

Re0 allows to enjoy the very good level of detail of the player.
The only drawbacks are : the personnal EQ and the tiny headphone plug.

I bought mine on Ebay :
LISSE U10 16GB 4.3" TOUCH SCREEN MP4 PLAYER TV OUT en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 19-avr.-10 20:49:08 Paris)

The seller told me he would have some Q10 so maybe he could receive the H10 also.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #52 of 66
Enquired about the U10... Hopefully he will ship to Aus. Looks like a pretty good player for the mild price it goes for
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #53 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by riton66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FLACVest > I use re0 with my U10. I also tested my NE-7M and ATH-A900 with Fiio5...
I really do like the U10. It seems to sounds like my Sansa Clip with better bass and better soundstage. (to my taste)

Re0 allows to enjoy the very good level of detail of the player.
The only drawbacks are : the personnal EQ and the tiny headphone plug.

I bought mine on Ebay :
LISSE U10 16GB 4.3" TOUCH SCREEN MP4 PLAYER TV OUT en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 19-avr.-10 20:49:08 Paris)

The seller told me he would have some Q10 so maybe he could receive the H10 also.

About the SQ, riton66; you're Right On (hehe) wrt the Audio Signature of the WM8987...

It really DOES sound like a Seriously Enhanced version of the nicely smoooth and comfortably (yet dynamically timbred) Sansa Device. I have experience with the Clip for a limited audition with my sisters unit from the xmas time this past year. However I do have a rockboxed v.01 Fuze (gorgeous piano black finish on that bad boy) which is one of the nicer DAPs I've listened to for fidelity.

The WM8987-equipped lisse Q10 (and I am venturing a stab / guess that the U10 sounds nearly identical with some margin of variance due to circuit design within the units) sounds as if it is a very High Performance version of whatever is in the Fuze: deeper Bass, more Body, and a nicely broad soundstage that eclipses the Fuze's, the S9's, probably the O2 and D2 (its been a bit too long to be certain on those last two for me to remember with ABSOLUTE certainty); and the Headphone Out of the iRiver H140 it matches or is in a neck n neck SQ fight with. The enhanced features of the rockbox firmware allow the H140 to sound a margin better in boldness, body, and deepness... However the Q10 holds its own; while managing to be the smoother ride with nice lilt. I gotta compare these two DAPs: the H140 and the Q10 in more detail at some point.

Lets just say I for one am pleased with the Q10 SQ, and find it eclipsed by a fair margin; namely the s:flo2 in soundstage broadness, sharp resolving resolution and microdetails; renditionally tho i think they are near the same class... definitely top-tier.

Have a great day! Additonally; Thanks So Much for putting a link to the official European lisse dealer! Me = Excited!

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #55 of 66
Wow. I just saw this thread. I had the Lisse Q10 way back in November and sold it like a week later. Mine had the same issue of the battery draining. You need to turn the power off and slide the switch to the right all the way. I hate to rain on the parade but the player looks better in pics than in person. The knob doesn't work the way you would expect. Sound quality was ok, on par with an Iriver mabee. Just my 2 cents. Hope you enjoy it.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #56 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericishere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I just saw this thread. I had the Lisse Q10 way back in November and sold it like a week later. Mine had the same issue of the battery draining. You need to turn the power off and slide the switch to the right all the way. I hate to rain on the parade but the player looks better in pics than in person. The knob doesn't work the way you would expect. Sound quality was ok, on par with an Iriver mabee. Just my 2 cents. Hope you enjoy it.

I definitely am. Sorry to hear about your negative experience!

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #59 of 66
Hi~
Does anyone know if you can add songs/videos/stuff to the lisse q10 using Windows vista 64? I know on the website that it says OS vista 32 works...and other OS older than that...(which makes no sense to me...) but has anyone done it with vista 64? 

Thanks!

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #60 of 66

Quote:
Does anyone know if you can add songs/videos/stuff to the lisse q10 using Windows vista 64?

I don't see why not; the main issue 64-bit users face with Chinese players (and those using Chinese guts) is firmware updating.  For no-hassle updates, it's best to get access to a WinXP machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back