lisse Q10 hot in my hands from Korea via eBay...
Mar 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great to hear that. I looked up on ebay and it costs about 160USD excluding shipping for the 8GB model.

Heres a video that I found on youtube:
Navigation looks smooth from what I have seen.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BTW: Is the screen AMOLED?

Nope, and hello there Evoke,

The screen is listed in the manual as TFT-LCD, but it is really tight pixel wise and i had trouble picking the edges of them out from one another even with my new glasses, which corrected my vision to a razor sharp 20/20. LOL

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #18 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FLACvest do you know anything about this player.

LISSE U10 16GB 4.3" TOUCH SCREEN MP4 PLAYER TV OUT on eBay (end time 09-Mar-10 10:19:39 GMT)

YUP. almost bought that, but then fell <3 and sould for the design of the lisse Q10...

it ALSO has the Wolfson WM8987 DAC and should be very very good SQ wise. They share the SAME mW rating, and output of 89dB... I'll probly cave in one of these days and pick one up to satisfy curiousity.. LOL

here is the page: lisse U10 microsite it doesnt list the WM8987 prominently (probably due to pimping the Q10 at the moment in thier lineup as the flagship) tho it is discreetly mentioned on their overview page for the U10 in non-bold text (how sneeeeaky!).

anadin, I think this would be a nice player as well. And better than the T11TE. Thats a nice player, machine and codec wise, but the screen's viewing angles could do better, and the higher than ideal grip on it pale next to the lisse... or a COWON. but the lisse outstrips the say O2PMP's touchscreen i'll say.

Had that one, liked it, filesystem lockups made me leave that bad romance.

I'd give the U10 a go if you prefer the form factor. its also got the TV-Out plus the 32GB Max onboard Memory, and larger screen, and no transcoding... not hobbled by small video format. I've already run into video size issues on the Q10 but i'm just toying with it... I bought it strictly as a FLAC and MP3 player...

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FLACvest thanks to you I have just purchased a LISSE U10. I couldn't resist the low price of £99.99 with free delivery.

anadin, YOURE WELCOME, enjoy the nice touchscreen (im sure it'll be on par with the Q10) and the yummy Wolfson WM8987!

oh and lets keep in touch. I'll be sending you PM shortly...

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 66
It may be a Korean design, but that UI says it's a Chinese player at heart. Guaranteed there's a Rockchip processor running the show in there.

By the way, if people want to compare this with the T11TE, the RAmos uses a Wolfson 8988, which is a slightly newer chip and, on paper at least, a slightly better performer.

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #23 of 66
So flacvesrt my SFLo2 is currently on the way, is this player without question not as good in the SQ department as the SFLO2? Also any SD or micro SD slot on this player?

It looks pretty interesting though, I will be keeping an eye on it.

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #24 of 66
Hi Swanlee,

always nice to see ya round here btw,

the nod goes to the s:flo2, its larger Soundstage, higher quality Wolfson part (in a pair, and in a more exotic config), allowing higher bandwidth per channel; just do a more exacting job.

The s:flo2 as you may know uses the highest end WM8740 part in a pair fed into a low distortion opamp...

the lisse Q10 uses an altogether differently designed and purposed Wolfson DAC, the WM8987, also a goodie, which allows EQing on chip etc, but its single chip for both channels... and isnt as stunning, but is REALLY NICE, with a different audio "fingerprint" than the WM8740 has...

The biggest diff, is in the character, being more cool analytical and sharp than the WM8740 duo on the s:flo2, and the usability of the software and touchscreen / User Interface which is much more COWON-alike, and reminiscent of a D2 to me... a total win!

Its a very finger friendly design, though it does include a stylus.

I think us audio nerds will have fun with it...

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #26 of 66
Glad you're loving the Lisse Q10 FLAC, now i'm getting jealous,............

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #28 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by riton66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
You say the Q10 "sounds muffled EQ'ed".
The SQ is really worse?
Is it like sansa Clip/Fuze EQ?

Hi riton66,

well, it just doesn't sound as expasnsive, spacious, or sharp. it IS quieter too.

So it isnt "worse" and CAN be amped. but I find myself _preferring_ Normal vs EQ on this device, oddly enough.

Oddly enough, I've been switching between both modes quite a bit with ALL my players. Maybe its me? WRT the EQ vs NORMAL issue.

However i feel, personally, after evaluating this device for a while, that the best Sound Quality is uncorked by a NORMAL EQ.

The Clip/Fuze EQ and the lisse Q10 EQ... well the lisse Q10 EQ is definitely a shade more USABLE cmon sansa for petes sake...

Anyhow... It's a worthy device, I'll say that. Oh and the H10 is on the verge of release... its a 5" PMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back