Lisa III vs. Tomahawk or ???
Jan 4, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #31 of 46
Sorry to interrupt the thread I started, but which Lisa III would be good for the Darth Beyers V3?

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahah, is the dark side tempting you out of your old setup ideas?

Yes, it is. Actually after getting some Shure foamies to fit my Marshmellows, and seeing all the wax on the tips after removal (cleaned ears just 12 hours ago), I'm thinking IEMs only need to be worn for outdoor iPod outings.

I'm a basshead so the Lisa/Darth combo should be just fine....just need to know which Lisa would be good for the Beyers V3.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #34 of 46
the standard lisa is low gain/low bias by default, i asked for a high gain verison which sovy has, i also replaced the batteries with 300mah mahapower powerex 9v batteries .. to doulble the battery life, since its a high gain high bias amp, the xp is high bias/low gain by default, and would be my preference if i was using ety 4p/4s which i have, and yes the ety's sound marvelous through the lisa amp through my ipod's sendstation ( SendStation - Products - PocketDock AV ) lineout dock.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #35 of 46
I thought I read that all the Lisa III's were now in high bias.

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #36 of 46
what kind of battery life do you get out of your lisa with the 300 mah 9v batteries? how many hours per fresh run

i'm starting to consider lisa III over sr-71 now if the battery life is there.. but..

both are such good choices

i'm sure i'll go with one of the two

but i definitely also want to hear a ttvj millet hybrid amp.. if only the batteries on there were replaceable by us.. so as to be more lasting / reliable for prolonged portable usage

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #37 of 46
Well you get around 7 hours with 150mA batteries so with 300mA you should get double that.

The XP should be around 90 to 100 hours per charge if using 2000 or 2200mA AA batteries.

Jan 4, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to interrupt the thread I started, but which Lisa III would be good for the Darth Beyers V3?

Do you plan on using alot in a portable manor, or using it in more of a stationary manor?(Pluged into a PSU like the LLP or the Elpac plug)

AFIK, at would all boil down if you want and or need that extra battery life between charges that the XP has over the standard version. Since as I had read they are high bias, and the gain is something that you would have to request if you want it set to high gain.(I can't say much for how my Lisa sounds with my setup since I am waiting to get my iMod back from Vinnie)

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #39 of 46
Which gain/bias is needed for a Darth Beyer v.3?

The amp will stay at home. For portability it will just be the iPod and IEMs.

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #41 of 46
Thanks Mr. T.

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which gain/bias is needed for a Darth Beyer v.3?

The amp will stay at home. For portability it will just be the iPod and IEMs.

The 770 IIRC came in to different varieties according to impedance, which is yours? If it is the low Z one, I would get the low gain, for the hi Z get the high gain...but do not trust me, please other members with more experience in Beyers should chime in and state how power hungry those are, if they are near the DT880 you will need a lot of power also...

Jan 5, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 770 IIRC came in to different varieties according to impedance, which is yours? If it is the low Z one, I would get the low gain, for the hi Z get the high gain...but do not trust me, please other members with more experience in Beyers should chime in and state how power hungry those are, if they are near the DT880 you will need a lot of power also...

I don't own them yet. It will be 2 to 4 months (hopefully) before I get my mad money. I'll buy them direct from Larry when I do get them.

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #44 of 46
If you are a bass head, never miss the Darth Beyer. All the IEM you have heard are not in the same level. :)

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #45 of 46
I have various headphones, and seriously considering to get Lisa III, so should I go for low gain or high gain?

Primary headphone:
- K701 (60 ohm / can lisa III drive this cans on low gain? )
- D2000 (25 ohm / low impedance)
- Yuin PK-1 (150 ohm / for portable purpose).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back