Lisa III standard vs. Xp vs. LLP vs. no LLP
Dec 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

RockinCannoisseur

500+ Head-Fier
well im about toget this sweet amp, but cant tell if their is a difference between the standard or the Xp model besides battery life???
--i also cant decide weather i should get the Lisa Lab Power, is this a neccessary??? the website just says that if you use a 24 volt charger it may be prone to sonic influxes???
--can you charge the lisa without the llp? does it just take longer? does it just give alot more power? and is it really worth gettin for an extra 300 bucks?
i plan on using this with my audio technica ha25d as a dac ---> Lisa --> dx1000

Tally Ho!

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 21
you can charge it without the LLP, but most will not let you use the amp at the same time as charging. battery life is indeed the only difference between the 2 portable models. the LLP is not just a charger though, its a high quality power supply and those in the know are aware that clean power supply is important for best sound. when on the LLP the lisa takes it up another notch IMO

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can charge it without the LLP, but most will not let you use the amp at the same time as charging. battery life is indeed the only difference between the 2 portable models. the LLP is not just a charger though, its a high quality power supply and those in the know are aware that clean power supply is important for best sound. when on the LLP the lisa takes it up another notch IMO

nice it sounds like a good investment then, and also im hoping this makes my vinyl sound even better
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 21
a little big for what?? charging?? up to you mate; there are apparently a couple of elpac chargers that are suitable, but I have never felt the need to find out. I have plenty of regulated power supplies I have DIYed I can use if I feel like using a smaller one, but I have never felt the urge.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #6 of 21
Another charger is still going to have size and I doubt anything will match the LLP power supply. I can't see the size of the LLP as being a deterrent. If you are going to get a power supply get the best.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does it just give alot more power? and is it really worth gettin for an extra 3000 bucks?

an extra 3000 ? RC, I am definitely opting for the RS - mains-powered from the get go and a steal in comparison !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 21
it really is a great PSU, little to no ripple current. plus its adjustable if you for some reason are in need for a clean charge for your toothbrush
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

+1

there is a reason why Phil designed the LLP!
Just a perfect match and well worth it.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
an extra 3000 ? RC, I am definitely opting for the RS - mains-powered from the get go and a steal in comparison !
very_evil_smiley.gif

woops that was a typo i meant 300 extra

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

a little big for what?? charging?? up to you mate; there are apparently a couple of elpac chargers that are suitable, but I have never felt the need to find out. I have plenty of regulated power supplies I have DIYed I can use if I feel like using a smaller one, but I have never felt the urge.

i guess its hard for me to visualiz it unless i see it next to like a cd or something to compare. but it just seems rather large sitting underneath the standard, too often pics come across bigger than they actually are

so you use the LLP? do u know what type of output connector it takes and the type on input connector that the standard takes from a power supply.

thanks

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

I agree, even though I haven't got Lisa XP with the LLP now, Lisa with LLP is better than Lisa with battery power only from my memory.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #13 of 21
Not a large footprint at all. They stack nicely.
I don't find a difference with Lisa on/off the LLP, though I use her mainly as a home amp with the LLP but sometimes take her to the office and even then I take the llp with me. I have a nice little bag that fits my phones, cables and Lisa STD setup

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"so you use the LLP? do u know what type of output connector it takes and the type on input connector that the standard takes from a power supply."

thanks

the LISA III std,LISA XP,LISA RS all are connected with a 2.1 MM Coax power cable like THIS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back