Lisa III - any new ones being delivered?
Apr 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

wfranklin

100+ Head-Fier
Have any of you head-fiers taken delivery on a new Lisa III this year? Since they're so slow to respond to emails and have no posted phone number, it's hard to tell whether they're still in business. Anyone taken delivery on a new Triad product in the last 30 days or so?

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by wfranklin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have any of you head-fiers taken delivery on a new Lisa III this year? Since they're so slow to respond to emails and have no posted phone number, it's hard to tell whether they're still in business. Anyone taken delivery on a new Triad product in the last 30 days or so?

Good question, thanks for posting it. I'm tempted to order one also and like you I wonder if customer service is adequate for response time and delivery time.

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 19
I sent them a second email this evening. I don't care if they are having supply problems, but would appreciate it if they would make an effort to respond to inquiries. I still hope to get a response.

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 19
I'd love a pcb, or even better, a kit with an enclosure and appropriate end panels. I'd even go with ordering a pcb on my own from wherever they source theirs, if they'd give that info out, to save them the hassle if they don't want to get into the business of selling pcbs... I am pretty sure Triad is still kicking things around, based on the recent posts in the esnips folder here: LISA-III eSnips Folder
I just think they're busy folks who are doing this stuff mostly in their spare time, making it all available public domain, which is fantastic, and offering to put some out fully formed.
But you're right, it would be nice if they could find a few minutes every now and then to respond to e-mails, reply to posts in the forums on the Triad website (Welcome to TriadAudio.net for those who don't already have it) or update the website periodically so folks won't think they've dropped off..

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 19
I just got my Lisa III XP about five days ago. The few emails I sent were answered within about 3-4 days.

And by the way it sounds great. I wanted to go more portable and so this is actually replacing my Yamamoto which is now up for sale on here. It is not quite as ultimately refined as the Yamamoto which is truly a great amp, but the Lisa has a nice warm sound and I like the bass boost feature. Sometimes I want more bass and sometimes less so it is nice to be able to twirl a knob. Overall the bass boost adds a nice fullness on my ATH-W1000s.

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirmalanow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my Lisa III XP about five days ago. The few emails I sent were answered within about 3-4 days.

And by the way it sounds great. I wanted to go more portable and so this is actually replacing my Yamamoto which is now up for sale on here. It is not quite as ultimately refined as the Yamamoto which is truly a great amp, but the Lisa has a nice warm sound and I like the bass boost feature. Sometimes I want more bass and sometimes less so it is nice to be able to twirl a knob. Overall the bass boost adds a nice fullness on my ATH-W1000s.

Wow, I'm impressed, you seem to feel like the Lisa can favorably compare with such an amp as the Yamamoto which definitely has quite a reputation here and is twice the price. How would you compare the mids, string instruments and voices between the two? It's quite clear that the Lisa has an advantage over many amps on bass with their "bass boost" but I'm wondering how it fares against a tube amp which are usually very strong on voices and mids. By the way I have the w5000 so the fact that you use the w1000 is great because your feedback should apply quite well to my situation. Thanks for your feedback.

Apr 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 19
As I mentioned the Lisa is not as refined as the Yamamoto. There is just a tad less clarity, and a little more thickness to the tone. However, in some ways this makes the Lisa a little more forgiving of harsh recordings. Mostly I think I am enjoying it so much because of the bass boost which does work very well with the w1000s. I especially like being able to quickly and easily tailor the bass as needed for each new song since I listen in shuffle mode and some songs need extra bass and some not as much.

Strings do not have that ultimate sense of realness as with the Yammy, but then we are really splitting hairs. I am starting to question the real value of that last 5% of sound quality you get when you spend twice as much. I used to drive a beat up Mazda that handled like a Tonka Toy on the weekdays, and a Saab 900 on the weekends. Every Monday I would miss the Saab for about 10 minutes and then it would just be driving.

Also , although it is a bit of an out there theory, I went portable so I could take my laptop and headphones out in the yard. This is an easy way of eliminating the effect of manmade materials on our listening ability as suggested by Peter and May Belt. I do notice my system sounds better outside and since I live in Arizona, why not enjoy the combination of nature and music! Overall, I am enjoying my music more out in the yard than I did inside with the Yamamoto.

More about the Belt's theories is at: P.W.B. Electronics Home Page

Apr 8, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 19
Oh Ya, Lisa is dressed in Wood now as an option!!
Looks as great as she sounds !! WOW
Only seven left in wood, all different cost only $150 more..
Cherry, Mahogany, Tiger, Black walnut, White oak
all one of a kind.. 1st come 1st serve
triadaudio@gmail.com it works..
The aluminum case now comes with wood end plates
at no extra cost! (tiger or B walnut)
still no LLP's (guess--6 weeks)
Best Listening, Brad

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #11 of 19
Yeah, get it in Tiger Wood and itll be a great amp to listen to while golfing
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #12 of 19
To update on my original post, I finally got responses from Triad on my second email (yesterday) and original email (early this a.m.). To confirm what other posters have said, a few woodies are in stock. I'm just trying to nail down which of the ones they've pictured on the linked site are actually available.

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #13 of 19
And the regular clear case with wood panals is limited edition of 100 pieces. From number on my amp I would say folks buying them like crazy and only about three dozen left.

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trialanderror /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love a pcb, or even better, a kit with an enclosure and appropriate end panels. I'd even go with ordering a pcb on my own from wherever they source theirs, if they'd give that info out, to save them the hassle if they don't want to get into the business of selling pcbs... I am pretty sure Triad is still kicking things around, based on the recent posts in the esnips folder here: LISA-III eSnips Folder
I just think they're busy folks who are doing this stuff mostly in their spare time, making it all available public domain, which is fantastic, and offering to put some out fully formed.
But you're right, it would be nice if they could find a few minutes every now and then to respond to e-mails, reply to posts in the forums on the Triad website (Welcome to TriadAudio.net for those who don't already have it) or update the website periodically so folks won't think they've dropped off..

Have you found someone selling the PCB or the KIT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back