Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Mar 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #106 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using the D10 dac with lossless on my iRiver H140 (120gb), feeding the Lisa III to my Ultrasone Ed. 9 with very fine results.

planning on doing the same, but with iriver H120 and gamma1; should be awesome

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #107 of 229
Wow love the photos of your lisa, Im new here and ingnorant so please be patient with me.I want to know more about the setup of your Lisa iii. I can see that there is a 2nd component between the Ipod and lisa iii, What is the purpose of that? Also where do you buy your Ipod line dock out cable for RCA?

Thanks,
Joey

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #108 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordinario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow love the photos of your lisa, Im new here and ingnorant so please be patient with me.I want to know more about the setup of your Lisa iii. I can see that there is a 2nd component between the Ipod and lisa iii, What is the purpose of that? Also where do you buy your Ipod line dock out cable for RCA?

Thanks,
Joey

YGPM I PM'ed you yesterday

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #109 of 229
Hi, I just bought the LISA IIIXP at triadaudio last 2 days at paypal. But until now I did not recieve any email notice about the shipment delivery, I even email Brad about this but no reply. Is this only normal? if yes how long before I can track the delivery?

Thanks,
Joey

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #111 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordinario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I just bought the LISA IIIXP at triadaudio last 2 days at paypal. But until now I did not recieve any email notice about the shipment delivery, I even email Brad about this but no reply. Is this only normal? if yes how long before I can track the delivery?

Thanks,
Joey

Sometimes Brad is right on it with the communications and other times it takes a bit. It seems like it has gotten much better since the early times of Triad though. He may be busy or not around for a bit, i know it is frustrating when waiting for a new toy, drive me nuts.
tongue.gif
Good luck it will probably come soon and you will forget about it.

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #112 of 229
brad is back on day shift, so probably you will receive your information today (monday here now in OZ) I forwarded some info onto him and he has replied. I expect he is just away over the weekend. they chose not to have an automated reply as find its better to have a personal reply. In the greater scheme of things TRIAD is very responsive. i'm sure he will be very apologetic once he does. you received word from him lat week didnt you?? when you were asking about care package?? there is nothing to worry about, there is lisa';s in stock and they are actually very fast with shipping. you didnt order LLP did you??

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #113 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have yet to receive an email from triad audio. They lost a sale last year as a result. Don't bank on them replying to you.

not my experience; I emailed brad many times last year before I went ahead with the sale; even some before hand when all I wanted was case and input/output dimensions from him when building a VCAP dock I always received a reply and usually pretty promptly

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #114 of 229
Yeah....there must be a good explanation. Brad has always been great about responding to my inquiries leading up to my ultimate purchase of a Lisa III.

RIDE

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #117 of 229
bummer alright lisa III = win

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #118 of 229
Hi Gusp

I notice you have the Triad LLP, do you think it adds anything to the sound quality? I suppose from a convenience point of view it is worth it.

I am thinking about getting the LLP but Firestone do one which I can get in the UK & which would save me the hassle of import charges etc, but if the LLP is more compatible then I will go for it.

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #119 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Gusp
I notice you have the Triad LLP, do you think it adds anything to the sound quality? I suppose from a convenience point of view it is worth it.

YES! A resounding YES!

Was using LISA III XP with MS Pro.

Warm, sexy seductive with female vocals but low end wasn't as detailed or punch.

Add LLP. WHHHooooomph!

Haven't tested it with the Firestone tho.

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #120 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Gusp

I am thinking about getting the LLP but Firestone do one which I can get in the UK & which would save me the hassle of import charges etc, but if the LLP is more compatible then I will go for it.

I have yet to hear the firestone PSU, from reports it is quite good; I have yet to read of anyone who has heard both actually. most people that mention the firestone say its great, but their results seem to be slightly coloured with the money saved. many people dont place enough weight in the results a good PSU can give and since the LLP is made for lisa III specifically, not only is it the perfect companion size-wise; it sounds amazing to boot. I do find IMO that the SQ is changed considerably; the soundstage is open even further and as doggiehowser says the bass definition, control and slam is increased very noticably. plus the firestone looks tacky IMO
tongue.gif
. to the firestone users; is it adjustable?? the LLP is adjustable to anywhere up to 30v regulated. so I have used it for all sorts of things. even brings my pico to another level
biggrin.gif
i'm sure something could be arranged wih Brad to lower your import duties. I think as long as you are willing to take the risk; Brad would declare lower for you. I think it would get passed customs as a cheaper item. I love mine and glad I forked out the extra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back