Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #91 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No doubt about that

yeah my pico gets very little use these days but I may keep it anyway, because I still do get it out every now and then when I dont feel like carrying a bagl; although ive just built a low profile lisa III cable that will make that a lot easier when I dont have to have my VCAP dock with me. will post more pics later today with this new cable.

I envy your Zana deux :green with envy: i'm not usually a big tube fan, but somehow I get a feeling I would like this.

Thanks,
As far as the Pico goes, that is my backup for low impact easy grab and run. The portable that i have to let go of is the Hornet M. A good amp and a good amount of bass but not very accurate bass. It works for some cans. Also not as detailed as the Pico or as low of a aaaaah, call it distortion level or something. I don't feel the blackness of the soundstage that i feel in both the Pico and Lisa.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #92 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks,
snip/ Also not as detailed as the Pico or as low of a aaaaah, call it distortion level or something. ........../snip

I LOL'ed when I read that. I think the pundits would call it err euphonic

some more pics for the gallery

tightshotwithlowproonlisagreatfocus.jpg
ipodwithlisaharnesstightabovelandsc.jpg
25silverbulletjenaRCA18AWGfocusonXP.jpg

I love having RCA jacks sooo much means I can use awesome connectors like the eichmann silver bullets I have heavily modified here

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #94 of 229
Quote:

Nice cabling on the top picts to the ipod.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
makes for quite a compact lisa rig that I can fit in a pocket without much drama, sounds wicked too, love silver bullets and being made in my home-town here makes them easy to get a hold of. The guys at eichmann have been very helpful.

Quote:

The bottom one looks like super high grade cabling for some reason.

yeah 18AWG jena is very photogenic IMO, the onther pic I took at the same time with the depth of field on the wire looks wicked too, but since this is a thread about lisa III I thought it best to have the focus on her. besides she might get jealous and stop giving me eargasms
tongue.gif
actually got heaps of great pics that day; might post some more tomorrow. about time some other people started posting more pics too, I know there are more proud lisa III owners out there; where are they?? bring on the pics!!!
atsmile.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #95 of 229
I wanna see a woody!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #96 of 229
OK....here are mine.
smily_headphones1.gif
She's a beauty indeed
L3000.gif

Got a nice converter coming from qusp so that I can use my LiveWires too!

Not much to complain about for me at this point. I plan on adding a portable cap dock at some point in the future for enhanced transportable use.

Always interested in finding the best cans for my music tastes and set up...but as of now, I am pleased.

Enjoy the pics...

RIDE

LisaIIIiModGear3.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear6.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear7.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear5.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear4.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear9.jpg

LisaIIIiModGear8.jpg

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #97 of 229
nice work from steve as always; aussie cablers FTW!!

nice rig man, the black with silver is my favorite lisa; wouldnt mind a woody, but not as practical for me for portable

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #98 of 229
@Ride - THAT is beautifull! How does the Ultrasone perform paired with the LISA III ?

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #99 of 229
I like how they sound....but have not tried anything else with my Lisa so I'd be curious to hear what others are enjoying.

It's an ongoing issue...always the search to improve things!
smily_headphones1.gif

RIDE

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #100 of 229
Travel/bedside rig
the sound i'm getting out of the Lisa with these babies are nothing short of spectacular; they sound as good as they look too. eargasmz aplenty
jecklinsmile.gif

moddedwoodieddenonandlisaIIIlogoviz.jpg

lisawdenon.jpg
rigwithcereal.jpg
framedrig.jpg
moddedwoodieddenonandlisaIII.jpg

and I had to indulge myself here; hers a close-up of the gorgeous Tasmanian blackwood cups I just installed with the re-cable
woodclose.jpg

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #102 of 229
Quote:

^^^WOW!
tongue_smile.gif

yeah I know, they are gorgeous hey?? aussie timbers FTW!!!

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #103 of 229
Love it mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killer setup indeed!

RIDE

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #104 of 229
I am using the D10 dac with lossless on my iRiver H140 (120gb), feeding the Lisa III to my Ultrasone Ed. 9 with very fine results.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #105 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Travel/bedside rig
the sound i'm getting out of the Lisa with these babies are nothing short of spectacular; they sound as good as they look too. eargasmz aplenty
jecklinsmile.gif

moddedwoodieddenonandlisaIIIlogoviz.jpg

lisawdenon.jpg
rigwithcereal.jpg
framedrig.jpg
moddedwoodieddenonandlisaIII.jpg

and I had to indulge myself here; hers a close-up of the gorgeous Tasmanian blackwood cups I just installed with the re-cable
woodclose.jpg

[size=large]Nice rig![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back