Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #61 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What SVS do you have? And lol at "portable" solutions three or four boxes 1' tall.

HEH, its the 20-39 PC+..
andddd i dont see any problem calling my 15"/2kg+ laptop portable.. 3 boxes goes in a targus.. done...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #62 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the routine you use with NICAD's- you discharge to 1.2 v prior to charging. For lead acid & Lithium batteries you're not supposed to run them until near flat. For NIMH you can just top up anytime.

I am not referring to completely running them flat...

However, NiMH batteries like all rechargeable batteries have a limited number of recharge cycles.. which is abt 500-1000x depending on usage patterns.

Each time you plug the LLP in, the NiMH batteries get recharged, using one cycle. Sometimes trickle charging also uses up multiple cycles.

Nickel-metal hydride battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know that the LLP is meant to give the LISA III the dual mode of being a desktop and a "trans"portable device but I do use the LISA III primarily on the road and my phones aren't that hard to drive to require the added ooomph of the LLP, so the LLPs for me are a way to recharge the units.

I was this close to getting an iCute iSupplier configured for 110V operation so I could use that when I travel
smily_headphones1.gif
so I can leave the LLP in 240V for home.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #63 of 229
WOW all your setup for the LISA III realy envy me. Im also planning to buy a LISA III, but I want to know if there are difference in sound quality of LISA III vs LISA IIIXP. I will be using Senn HD-650 and Beyer DT-880, Please help me what what should I buy? standard or XP??

Thanks and more power to you,
Joey

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #64 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordinario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW all your setup for the LISA III realy envy me. Im also planning to buy a LISA III, but I want to know if there are difference in sound quality of LISA III vs LISA IIIXP. I will be using Senn HD-650 and Beyer DT-880, Please help me what what should I buy? standard or XP??

Joey

No difference in sound quality from what I have heard. The main difference is size...as the XP is about twice as thick. But with that comes an amazing 50 hours of play as compared to about 8 with the standard.

So for me....the Lisa III is portable....the XP is transportable...if I had to define them.

But sound quality....should be the same.

RIDE

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #65 of 229
Quote:

Joey

I did think of a possibility why there was a difference in SQ between the 2 units (LISA III and XP) that I auditioned. The XP was hardly run in at all, while the standard ware more run in.

Anyway, am recharging it to the full 80 hours on the XP and gonna run it in more
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #66 of 229
I have both right here; there is no difference in sound quality. no difference. provided they are manufactured in the same batch; well at least since they changed the caps (cant remember when that was) they are the same amp, only difference is power supply. sure theoretically that could cause a difference. but not to my ears. nothing. besides man, they both sound wicked; you wouldnt regret either purchase IMO. if you need the extra run-time and dont mind the extra size.... get the XP; if you dont mind the shorter run-time and want something more portable; get the standard; simple as that

I also have 2 LLP's so both are on a level playing field there. I cant seperate them regardless of whether they are running on battery of LLP

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #67 of 229
More Lisa fans...please post...I will get some pics up by the end of the week...waiting for a nice LOD.

Just something about LISA, perhaps as per the review on paper or statistically may match up with other amps, but its all about listening. Forget digital sources...get a nice CD player, I have a new found appreciation for my entire CD collection again...and am re-ripping some stuff at 320!!!

Would love to see more rig pics!

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #68 of 229
Thanks for all your advice about the SQ. I might buy the XP but Im worrying about the battery replacement of these 12(AA) pieces, when those batteries lifetime ended someday(maybe 3years). How will I replace them? Surely I dont want to ship my XP all the way to USA just for battery replacement. What are my options for replacing it myself? Can I buy an extra XP battery pack and just solder it myself? Please enlighten me on this issue.

Is it true that this is not a problem for LISA III standard? It seems that it is a user frendly battery replacement.

Thanks,
Joey

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #69 of 229
You can use whatever batteries you wish with the LISA STD as long as they are NIMH.

Quote:

Thanks for all your advice about the SQ. I might buy the XP but Im worrying about the battery replacement of these 12(AA) pieces, when those batteries lifetime ended someday(maybe 3years). How will I replace them? Surely I dont want to ship my XP all the way to USA just for battery replacement. What are my options for replacing it myself? Can I buy an extra XP battery pack and just solder it myself? Please enlighten me on this issue.

Is it true that this is not a problem for LISA III standard? It seems that it is a user frendly battery replacement.

Thanks,
Joey

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #70 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can use whatever batteries you wish with the LISA STD as long as they are NIMH.

yes, but if you change them too often you are likely to strip the thread on the front panel screw

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #71 of 229
update on standard vs. XP apparently the bias is increased with the XP too, so that Should result in better SQ; looks like I need to do some more critical listening. will report back

Feb 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #72 of 229
1DMKIIn_008255.jpg

1DMKIIn_008257.jpg

1DMKIIn_008258.jpg

1DMKIIn_008259.jpg

will be back with my feeling soon
L3000.gif

Laurent

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #73 of 229
Who needs X-feed or stuff like that when you have got the headroom and awesome soundstage from Lisa III and SR325i :-D

web.jpg

web.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #74 of 229
One more with the LISA III. It also really performs with K701. Great match!
And I use the 24V Firestone Supplier as Power Supply. It really adds a lot to the soundquality and it is much cheaper than the Triad Audio one.

web.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #75 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who needs X-feed or stuff like that when you have got the headroom and awesome soundstage from Lisa III and SR325i :-D

[IG]http://gallery.me.com/burning777/100112/_1314035/web.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://gallery.me.com/burning777/100112/_1314038/web.jpg[/IMG]

AMEN TO THAT except insert DIY LA2000 for the 325's
smily_headphones1.gif
OH yeah!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back