Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Nov 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #181 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the Valvecode? You already had a working prototype of that amp.

Correct Erikzen.. There are now 2 versions of the ValveCode!! prototyped!
and we are in the process of building production units of both!!
The solid state Triad Audio "HeadCode" is also to this stage.

These home amps will be complete before the Mini Lisa..

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #182 of 229
Can present Lisa owners upgrade the Lisa to Lisa RS?

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #183 of 229
Just thought I'd post on some recent listening and she is just perfect...pure perfect sound, right there sitting on stage between Jerry and Phil...can't wait to get some new phones to drive!

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #184 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I'd post on some recent listening and she is just perfect...pure perfect sound, right there sitting on stage between Jerry and Phil...can't wait to get some new phones to drive!

biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #187 of 229
Yes a mini Lisa would be a nice addition to the portable amps. Probably built like a tank.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #189 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be even more awesome if they could integrate the digital volume control into it.

Maybe but I am not totally sold on the digital control.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #191 of 229
I have found they can impart their own signature to the sound. Sometimes effecting up upper frequencies giving the impression of more detail but it can be a digital artifact.

Jan 4, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #192 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found they can impart their own signature to the sound. Sometimes effecting up upper frequencies giving the impression
of more detail but it can be a digital artifact.

I prefer analog dials, a high quality pot will last and does the job, just dont trust digital for the long haul at all (hey that rhymed)...and never thought of what Jam noted either but that makes sense too!

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #194 of 229
Nothing like it...just a huge soundstage, crystal clear perfection. I always forget how good she is until I take a break and go back, and am WOW'ed again. Look forward to the rest of the day with her!
PL2500s
Custom Silver IC
D4 DAC

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #195 of 229
Brad emailed this to me (I asked about the RS):

"Oh , I have an RS here now,
The batteries removed so we can jack up the voltage.. so you must have the LLP, it is
adjusted to 32 DC !! 3 caps, and 2 banks of transistors added.
We will do these per order, as it is a mod and must go to the tec. but I will try to keep
one ready to go, and order another when 1st one is shipped.
Phil likes the separate matching cases for simplicity & utility,
I am thinking of both mounted in a maple burl block, hollowed out, rounded smooth.
with all switches & jacks in one side. better pots another out, another input?
but everybody is so price conscious, but those who insist on the best regardless of price
may inquire, The matching case RS cost $999. Now black only triadaudio@gmail.com"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back