Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Feb 7, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #121 of 1,802
Despite several days of looking for similar testing Mitcham ECC82 singles, I went ahead and bought this set. A bit pricey but not terribly expensive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Mu...l-Post-Mitcham-1958-Vacuum-Tubes/323678012137
Done buying for now.

Interesting @TK16 - he had a pair earlier, pretty much the same, but Blackburn & same price - I bought em but was too embarrassed to admit I paid that much, so now the cat's outta the bag. I'm done buying also (but I've said that before):L3000:

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #123 of 1,802
Interesting @TK16 - he had a pair earlier, pretty much the same, but Blackburn & same price - I bought em but was too embarrassed to admit I paid that much, so now the cat's outta the bag. I'm done buying also (but I've said that before):L3000:
That Nobsound NS-05P came in much better control over the LP volume nob. May get something better in the future, though I do not know if my ears will let me hear the difference.

Was going to offer the guy $150 but I saw your pair was sold, afraid of getting declined. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #124 of 1,802
That Nobsound NS-05P came in much better control over the LP volume nob. May get something better in the future, though I do not know if my ears will let me hear the difference.
I tried my Sys, to get better volume control, and it did not do much for me, other than kill the dynamics. I may have to try the Nobsound.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #125 of 1,802
I’m really enjoying a few headphones (Verites, Auteurs, and HD650s) with the Tungsram. Not sure what they sprinkled inside but I keep coming back to them.

The real winners are the 5670/2c51/396A tubes. I really need to find me another pair of the LM Ericsson 2C51s, steel pin, O-getter. If anyone spots one let me know. It’s a great sounding tube with the rest of the headphones as well. They became noisy after the move.

I’m going to try a few of the Russian tubes I have in my stash tonight. The 6n3ps are great tube alternatives.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #127 of 1,802
I’m really enjoying a few headphones (Verites, Auteurs, and HD650s) with the Tungsram. Not sure what they sprinkled inside but I keep coming back to them.

The real winners are the 5670/2c51/396A tubes. I really need to find me another pair of the LM Ericsson 2C51s, steel pin, O-getter. If anyone spots one let me know. It’s a great sounding tube with the rest of the headphones as well. They became noisy after the move.

I’m going to try a few of the Russian tubes I have in my stash tonight. The 6n3ps are great tube alternatives.
I got a pair of steel pin and gold pin LME's but they are square getters. They were microphonic in my MJ2 though, have not tried in the LP though.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #128 of 1,802
I got a pair of steel pin and gold pin LME's but they are square getters. They were microphonic in my MJ2 though, have not tried in the LP though.

I remember a few us buying the LMEs Auditory Canvas had. I really do think the Steel Pin / O-Getters sound much different than the square getters and I’m not sure why. The square getter LMEs have, what I feel, the same amount of highs as the WE396a but it’s more refined. It has great drive and bass where the square getters sounded lean with no real bottom end. I may need to send these to you so you can have a listen bro. Twas’ a sad day when they started to give me background noise.

Going to go all out on the Russian tubes I have and see what sounds good with what headphones. I’m hoping Head-Fiers will post more impressions of different tubes with different equipment.

Example of a great pairing:
Ananda + LP + Philips e188cc

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #129 of 1,802

I'm playing with Reflectors 6N3P-DR 3 Mica with gold grids right now and for the price they seem like winners. interested to see what others think.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #130 of 1,802
I remember a few us buying the LMEs Auditory Canvas had. I really do think the Steel Pin / O-Getters sound much different than the square getters and I’m not sure why. The square getter LMEs have, what I feel, the same amount of highs as the WE396a but it’s more refined. It has great drive and bass where the square getters sounded lean with no real bottom end. I may need to send these to you so you can have a listen bro. Twas’ a sad day when they started to give me background noise.

Going to go all out on the Russian tubes I have and see what sounds good with what headphones. I’m hoping Head-Fiers will post more impressions of different tubes with different equipment.

Example of a great pairing:
Ananda + LP + Philips e188cc
IIt`s cool bro, think it`s the higher gain on the LP that is the culprit for the noisy tubes. I checked the LM e`s for noise and micro on the LP and they are checked out fine. I put them for sale in my signature if anybody`s interested. Very high testing tubes.
You got any triple mica Foton or Reflektor 6N3P late 50`s? Those are the best Russians I tried.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #131 of 1,802
Question for the tube junkies -

How safe is it to being using the 2c51 variants in the the LP? I understand some have been using the 2c51 variants, and getting good results, but is it killing the life of the amp or the tube or neither? I have used them in place of the 6922, before, but never really knew, if I was hurting my amp, in the long run? What should I look for, in the specs, of the 2 tube types, to know they are safe to use? Thanks for your time!

Wes

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #132 of 1,802
Question for the tube junkies -

How safe is it to being using the 2c51 variants in the the LP? I understand some have been using the 2c51 variants, and getting good results, but is it killing the life of the amp or the tube or neither? I have used them in place of the 6922, before, but never really knew, if I was hurting my amp, in the long run? What should I look for, in the specs, of the 2 tube types, to know they are safe to use? Thanks for your time!

Wes
From what I remember they are close enough to a 6922 not to be too concerned about. Been using these tubes 2 plus years in my Lyr 2, MJ2, and dac. Have not rolled the 6N3P enough except a few sets to try out a few minutes. 12AT7 is a no go due to noise, E180CC has too high a heater current for the LP, though I can run them no problem in my Schiit gear.

Edit: 6N2P/6CC41 is a no go either being a 12AX7 6.3v tube with 6922 pinouts. Again 100% usable in Schiit gear as well.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #133 of 1,802
Thanks TK16! I am gonna wait and see how things go, for a while, and then eventually give them a try.

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #135 of 1,802
You will be fine with the adapter tubes, I just hit 100 hours on my Blackburn ECC82`s with the 12A*7 adapters on the LP.
Great! Thanks again for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back