Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Feb 3, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #61 of 1,808
I just rolled all my 6922 type tubes and put the Tungsram's back in at the end. They held up very well. I've got some Siemens PCC88's that also sound pretty good. I think my favorites might just the be '75 Voskhod Rockets Grey Shields. Even more than the Amperex USN-CEP 7308's.

Anyone know where to get a good 2C51 adapter? Should I just buy a cheap one off of Ebay? Forgot I'd picked up some 2C51's over the last few years.

These have worked well for me and many others over on the MJ2 tube rolling thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-Gold-p...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Feb 3, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #63 of 1,808
I just rolled all my 6922 type tubes and put the Tungsram's back in at the end. They held up very well. I've got some Siemens PCC88's that also sound pretty good. I think my favorites might just the be '75 Voskhod Rockets Grey Shields. Even more than the Amperex USN-CEP 7308's.

Anyone know where to get a good 2C51 adapter? Should I just buy a cheap one off of Ebay? Forgot I'd picked up some 2C51's over the last few years.
Curious, what do you like better, with the Russians, vs the 7308? I am loving the 7308 and still have not taken them out yet, but am getting tempted to roll. . .

The USN-CEP 7308 are a really good match with my Ori. They bring the warm mids, forward a bit and vocals sound really nice and intimate, while still keeping good width and depth, to the rest of the mix.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #65 of 1,808
Curious, what do you like better, with the Russians, vs the 7308? I am loving the 7308 and still have not taken them out yet, but am getting tempted to roll. . .

The USN-CEP 7308 are a really good match with my Ori. They bring the warm mids, forward a bit and vocals sound really nice and intimate, while still keeping good width and depth, to the rest of the mix.

I'd have to do some more in depth direct comparison of the two. I was just kinda running through everything listening to 6-7 tracks.

They were very close from what I can remember though.

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #66 of 1,808

I bought a pair of these adaptors recently. Sadly, both of mine didnt work. One side no sound at all, the other side muted and fuzzy static. Swapped them left and right in the LP, also swapped tubes around to try and isolate the problem.

Confirmed that the issue is not my WE396As, I tried them 1 by 1 and they work flawlessly in my Xiangsheng DAC pre-amp.

oh well. should have just bought the China stuff

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #67 of 1,808
I bought a pair of these adaptors recently. Sadly, both of mine didnt work. One side no sound at all, the other side muted and fuzzy static. Swapped them left and right in the LP, also swapped tubes around to try and isolate the problem.
Did you buy the last one on the referenced web page that says something like "New 5670/2C51/396A ........." they should say V2 on the bottom/pins side. Those have worked well for me in the LP and are IMO the best quality adapters available. Jeremy at Garage 1217 is a good guy and will refund your money I'm sure if they don't work for you.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #68 of 1,808
Tried some 6N3P`s work fine with adapter, as do the 12AU7`s with a different adapter. Unfortunately I can confirm @DRHamp conclusion that the 12AT7`s have seashell like background sound. Only tried 2 pair of 6201, but that is enough confirmation for me.
Got my other single 58 Mullard Blackburn 12AU7 in the mail today, currently burning them in.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #69 of 1,808
20190204_132026.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #70 of 1,808

Bro, I laughed out loud when I saw your picture. It looks like the tubes are wearing bottlecoke glasses while cracking a smile.

Yes, I’m literally a 5 year old in an adult body.

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #72 of 1,808
Don`t upset these tubes bro, they are old and lowish testing. They already requested to have the tube dampers removed.

My bad. They may be a little weaker than the other kids its age, need booster shoes, and support from the dampers but you never know how they’ll flourish given a chance. You’re a great tube dad!

Feb 4, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #73 of 1,808
Feb 4, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #75 of 1,808
Did you buy the last one on the referenced web page that says something like "New 5670/2C51/396A ........." they should say V2 on the bottom/pins side. Those have worked well for me in the LP and are IMO the best quality adapters available. Jeremy at Garage 1217 is a good guy and will refund your money I'm sure if they don't work for you.

i informed him of my findings, he offered to pay costs to get them back & issue a full refund once he received them. i haven't had time to send them back frankly, I'm halfway around the world so I would have to first bear international courier costs to arrange the return if i wanted any certainty of getting my money back. Also the arrival of a new addition to the family has left me with limited time to run errands that are not critical. i guess the adaptors could be used as fancy paper weights lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back