Liquid Links Cable Discussion Thread
Aug 16, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #46 of 191
Well ...

I think it's universally felt that the Jewel stock cable isn't great, sounding or ergo wise. I'm curious how the Venom sounds compared to other TOTL cables, not necessarily over the stock. FT, Orpheus, Attila, Iliad, Aeneid, Centurion, Chiron ?

Aug 16, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #47 of 191
I think it's universally felt that the Jewel stock cable isn't great, sounding or ergo wise. I'm curious how the Venom sounds compared to other TOTL cables, not necessarily over the stock. FT, Orpheus, Attila, Iliad, Aeneid, Centurion, Chiron ?
It sounds good
Way better as stock
Faster Bass
Slightly wider soundstage
More clarity and way more details
I have the 1950 & FT
The rest you named are a collection of $ 35K in cables
No clue if a member owns all
I don't ... 🤷

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #48 of 191
Conti.jpg

As an owner of the Liquid Links Conti cable, pairing it with bright or treble-hot IEM is the best way to go, from my constant experience in cable rolling trying different IEMs.

It is a fairly dark cable meant to relax/dial back the brightness of an IEM and also make the treble take a back seat.

It also give the sound a little bit of warmth.

Bass has a bit more body to it, but this depends on what you pair it with of course, so YMMV.

Midrange will be thicker but might lose a bit of detail depending on your source/music recording, due to the dark nature of the cable that again, put the highs on a step back.

To the trebleheads who love a lot of treble and energy, stay away from this one. But for those who yearn for a more relaxed sound and don't like their IEMs too bright, please give this entry level baby a try. It's fairly affordable and it's very very well built, with little to no microphonics from after nearly one year of heavy use at home and in my daily train traveling from work to home and vice versa.

A very nice daily driver.

P.S: This cable cannot tame every bright sounding IEMs, mind you. So if you got the Conti cable, please test whatever bright IEM you are interested in buying to see if it works for you before buying to avoid disappointment.

For example, I tried this cable to tame the hot treble on Phonix Vision Ears and it did very little to calm the intensity. Sometimes the treble just feel too much out of the stock cable. But this one -- while it work better than the stock cable in some degree, still couldn't tame it.

Always test before buying :D

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #50 of 191
Conti.jpg
As an owner of the Liquid Links Conti cable, pairing it with bright or treble-hot IEM is the best way to go, from my constant experience in cable rolling trying different IEMs.

It is a fairly dark cable meant to relax/dial back the brightness of an IEM and also make the treble take a back seat.

It also give the sound a little bit of warmth.

Bass has a bit more body to it, but this depends on what you pair it with of course, so YMMV.

Midrange will be thicker but might lose a bit of detail depending on your source/music recording, due to the dark nature of the cable that again, put the highs on a step back.

To the trebleheads who love a lot of treble and energy, stay away from this one. But for those who yearn for a more relaxed sound and don't like their IEMs too bright, please give this entry level baby a try. It's fairly affordable and it's very very well built, with little to no microphonics from after nearly one year of heavy use at home and in my daily train traveling from work to home and vice versa.

A very nice daily driver.

P.S: This cable cannot tame every bright sounding IEMs, mind you. So if you got the Conti cable, please test whatever bright IEM you are interested in buying to see if it works for you before buying to avoid disappointment.

For example, I tried this cable to tame the hot treble on Phonix Vision Ears and it did very little to calm the intensity. Sometimes the treble just feel too much out of the stock cable. But this one -- while it work better than the stock cable in some degree, still couldn't tame it.

Always test before buying :D
What other cables are dark-sounding off the top of your head? Would you say Conti is the darkest sounding cable you have heard? Thanks!

Aug 27, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #51 of 191
Aug 27, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #52 of 191
What other cables are dark-sounding off the top of your head? Would you say Conti is the darkest sounding cable you have heard? Thanks!
I haven't heard other cables that have dark sound signature like the Conti. So for what it's worth I'd say it's the darkest I've heard from my current experience.

Then again, this cable is their entry level stuff, so curbing expectations and keeping things realistic is key I'd say. If you prefer something with more energy and treble happy, perhaps Martini is more suited.

Aug 27, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #53 of 191
I am still in the middle of comparing the two cables (both with Traillii), and my quick impression so far is that these two cables are very different. Venom really goes for the “uncolored” signature and focuses on giving a fast presentation. Laura gives you that typical copper cable flavor (kinda warmish with good texture). Both are very nice in terms of detail retrieval and giving a large stage. Venom seems to be better in the horizontal direction and Laura is more spherical. Neither cable is muddy in any sense, which is a big improvement from Traillii’s stock 1960 cable.
I am sorry for quoting an old post, but reading this makes me realize how far behind I am in the cable game. I still vividly remember listening to 1960 in the summer of 2016 (2017?) when it first hit the shops in Shanghai. It was simply the best cable I have ever heard. The clarity and depth it achieved had me lost for words. I had never seen people in the shop gathered around over a cable, but they did. Everyone was astonished by the sound (and the price.)

And here we are, in 2022, enjoying cables that are significant improvement over the 1960 :) What a time to be alive!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #55 of 191
I have Conti on the way and contemplating if I should get the new Westlake. Zero reviews out on those.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #57 of 191
And here we are, in 2022, enjoying cables that are significant improvement over the 1960 :) What a time to be alive!
Are you suggesting the Venom sounds better than the 1960s (2-wire? 4-wire?), or that there are quite some cables nowadays sounding better than the 1960s in general? Trying to find out where the Venom fits in (even though it doesn't seem to be a good match for my lean/bright-ish U18t). Call it education :wink:

drftr

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #58 of 191
Are you suggesting the Venom sounds better than the 1960s (2-wire? 4-wire?), or that there are quite some cables nowadays sounding better than the 1960s in general? Trying to find out where the Venom fits in (even though it doesn't seem to be a good match for my lean/bright-ish U18t). Call it education :wink:

drftr
I was quoting @bluestorm1992 who suggested that. I have not had the pleasure to have my hands on the Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back