Liquid Links Cable Discussion Thread
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #16 of 190
I am still in the middle of comparing the two cables (both with Traillii), and my quick impression so far is that these two cables are very different. Venom really goes for the “uncolored” signature and focuses on giving a fast presentation. Laura gives you that typical copper cable flavor (kinda warmish with good texture). Both are very nice in terms of detail retrieval and giving a large stage. Venom seems to be better in the horizontal direction and Laura is more spherical. Neither cable is muddy in any sense, which is a big improvement from Traillii’s stock 1960 cable.
Thank you for the wonderful comparison!
You're the only headfier I know of who currently have both cables atm. Seems like the Venom really is a value cable from the way it's being described :)

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 190
Thank you for the wonderful comparison!
You're the only headfier I know of who currently have both cables atm. Seems like the Venom really is a value cable from the way it's being described :)
I do think so, especially given its price point (retailer or the bundle price offered by Musicteck). Two things I will call out: (1) the feeling is a bit rubbery, as has been pointed out by Twister6 (Alex); (2) the sound is on the “uncolored” end so it may or may not work with one’s taste.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #19 of 190
Aug 2, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 190
I'm very interested in the Venom too. I've seen some comparisons with the PW FT and it seems even more technically proficient and neutral, with tighter faster bass. Has anyone compared the Venom to Orpheus? I love my Orphy on the Jewel, but with the LP6 Ti AE I could do with a more neutral and uncolored timbre, tad less mid presence, and more expansion. I just love the micro details and bass control of the Orphy, wondering how the Venom compares on this?

Anyone heard them both?

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #24 of 190
I'm very interested in the Venom too. I've seen some comparisons with the PW FT and it seems even more technically proficient and neutral, with tighter faster bass. Has anyone compared the Venom to Orpheus? I love my Orphy on the Jewel, but with the LP6 Ti AE I could do with a more neutral and uncolored timbre, tad less mid presence, and more expansion. I just love the micro details and bass control of the Orphy, wondering how the Venom compares on this?

Anyone heard them both?

I haven’t heard them on the same IEM but Orphy goes for that smooth/organic sound while I found Venom to be more revealing in comparison.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #25 of 190

Anyone heard them both?

Interesting as I heard Dr Juggles Cardas as more technical and neutral vs FT on Jewel... it was noticeable in particular on guitar strumming where there was more bite and sounded much more realistic. FT and Orphy presumably both go more smooth?

I now plan to buy Cardas and will probably skip FT - though as I have FT on loan currently, I will try on Traillii also... but smooth on smooth doesn't strike me as a good mix!

That said, I switched back to Jewel stock this afternoon and it sounded fantastic, maybe my ears aren't discerning enough! I'll need to spend more time before I fork out on anything expensive, plus try Martini which is delayed (DHL) but lands tomorrow.

Ergonomics and appearance are important to me which is why Venom just isn't an option unfortunately... looks good but I just couldn't get comfortable with the tube-like finish!

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #26 of 190
Interesting as I heard Dr Juggles Cardas as more technical and neutral vs FT on Jewel... it was noticeable in particular on guitar strumming where there was more bite and sounded much more realistic. FT and Orphy presumably both go more smooth?

I now plan to buy Cardas and will probably skip FT - though as I have FT on loan currently, I will try on Traillii also... but smooth on smooth doesn't strike me as a good mix!

That said, I switched back to Jewel stock this afternoon and it sounded fantastic, maybe my ears aren't discerning enough! I'll need to spend more time before I fork out on anything expensive, plus try Martini which is delayed (DHL) but lands tomorrow.

Ergonomics and appearance are important to me which is why Venom just isn't an option unfortunately... looks good but I just couldn't get comfortable with the tube-like finish!
I had a 50s (cardas) clone, as well as the PW 50s Shielding and it indeed is great, and very technical sounding, especially for pure copper. I find FT and Orphy to be superior, at least to my ears, hence I sold them both. Stage on 50s is more intimate, which can be fine with the right pair up. Bass on 50s shielding was great too.

I think I will take the plunge and at least hear the Venom. The ergo can't be worse than PW stuff, especially Orphy. I've gotten quite used to the heavier cables, so it's not such an issue. My only concern is that rubbery finish. I had a DHC Compliment C and the sleeve was so rubbery it would get stuck to my skin, yuck.

Is the Venom really rubbery?

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #27 of 190
I had a 50s (cardas) clone, as well as the PW 50s Shielding and it indeed is great, and very technical sounding, especially for pure copper. I find FT and Orphy to be superior, at least to my ears, hence I sold them both. Stage on 50s is more intimate, which can be fine with the right pair up. Bass on 50s shielding was great too.

I think I will take the plunge and at least hear the Venom. The ergo can't be worse than PW stuff, especially Orphy. I've gotten quite used to the heavier cables, so it's not such an issue. My only concern is that rubbery finish. I had a DHC Compliment C and the sleeve was so rubbery it would get stuck to my skin, yuck.

It sort of feels like a TPU case that you would use on a phone or DAP.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 190

It's not sticky or anything, more of a somewhat rigid pipe style of cable. I prefer PWA 1960s from Traillii as the only other example I have, plus indeed the FT I have on loan. I found it a bit annoying on my ears too, it didn't feel secure but at the same time, never actually fell out. In saying all of that, I can't help be curious also as to how it might sound with Jewel, especially if closer to something like Cardas.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #29 of 190

It uses PVC material which gives it that rubbery/plasticy feeling, but definitely not sticky and no microphonics.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #30 of 190
It also wouldn't fit in any of my existing IEM cases, impossible to wrap around your fingers. I bought a camera (digital compact) case to store it -

X.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back