Lions summer Camp
Dec 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hi.
I haven't been here for a long time but I had a question about somewhere to travel and remembered Head-Fi is a home to many people around the globe.
This summer (July 2010) I want to go to Lion's club summer camp and I have to choose 3 destinations that I want to go.
Here is a .pdf file with all the destinations.
http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/common/..._directory.pdf
My first choice is USA but there are many different camps in many different states. I don't have a clue about states so I'll leave it up to you.
My second choice is somewhere in Europe (maybe Germany) and I don't have a third choice.
Please help my make this choice!
I want a place that isn't too hot, so CA, FL and all the Mediterranean countries don't qualify (Italy, Cyprus, Turkey etc).
I want to avoid the Asian countries (Japan, Sri Lanka, India etc) because I'm leaving those places for a bigger trip in a few years.
I narrowed it down to N. America and West/Central Europe.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Where are rhe camps in the United States? Is heat the only thing you're trying to avoid?what about humidity, rain, insects, etc.?

California might not be as hot as you think, either. This is a very large state and has quite a few climates. If the camp is in one of the mountain ranges, you might find lows in the 40s even during the summer with days in the 70s. I think you'd find that pleasant. Any camp on the beach will have moderate temperatures, as well.

Aside from California, are there any camps in the Pacific Northwest - usually considered Oregon, Washington and Idaho? I think you'd find the summers agreeable up there. I'm partial to Oregon (having lived there for several years), but the other two are beautiful, too.

If you could give us a little more information about what you'd like as well as where camps are, you'll get a lot of recommendations.

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 4
All the camps are listed in the pdf file.
I just thought about it, and heat I can handle, it's the humidity that kills me.
Insects aren't my cup of tea but I don't want to pick a place based on it's insect population.
In the PDF file, USA starts at page 67 I think.
Thanks!

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Pick Hood River, Oregon. It's absolutely beautiful and right on the Columbia. Weather should be fine and it'll be a quick drive out of Portland to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back