Linnenberg Vivace
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MohawkUS

1000+ Head-Fier
I thought I would start a thread for this DAC as I'm vaguely considering getting one, unfortunately to budget that I would have to sell off my turntable which is something I think many will deem heretical. :p

Why I'm especially interested in this DAC is the same reason I'm considering leaving vinyl, a recent update to the JPLAY software I use has allowed my digital playback to leapfrog in performance over vinyl(and yes I A/Bd with an album I have on both formats.) How is that relevant to Linnenberg? They recommend JPLAY in the product manual they have online. Not only is JPLAY a bit picky with which DACs it runs with but it seems like common sense to go with manufacturers that shill for other products I personally like. And those who go on about products I dislike, it only makes sense that I'm probably not going to agree with their interpretation of good sound.

Rather than just saying "has anyone heard this DAC yet?" which I would like to hear if anyone has, here is a link to their product page and Headfonia's review:

http://www.linnenberg-audio.de/html/vivace.html
http://www.headfonia.com/linnenberg-vivace-dac/

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 14
Can you tell me more about this update of jplay which enhances the sq?

thanks

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 14
Can you tell me more about this update of jplay which enhances the sq?

thanks

Well, it is a little off topic but I guess so. They came out with update 5.2.1 and I found that it made the sound more realistic all around(less glassy/fuzzy?) If you're a customer you'll have gotten it by email within a day of release, if not I'd recommend trying the demo on their site(may not be the most recent version but if you don't hear the difference with the current demo version over a free music player/Jriver/etc. I wouldn't recommend buying.)

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Thank you MohawkUS,

sorry for offtopic.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 14
I thought I would start a thread for this DAC as I'm vaguely considering getting one, unfortunately to budget that I would have to sell off my turntable which is something I think many will deem heretical.
tongue.gif

Why I'm especially interested in this DAC is the same reason I'm considering leaving vinyl, a recent update to the JPLAY software I use has allowed my digital playback to leapfrog in performance over vinyl(and yes I A/Bd with an album I have on both formats.) How is that relevant to Linnenberg? They recommend JPLAY in the product manual they have online. Not only is JPLAY a bit picky with which DACs it runs with but it seems like common sense to go with manufacturers that shill for other products I personally like. And those who go on about products I dislike, it only makes sense that I'm probably not going to agree with their interpretation of good sound.

Rather than just saying "has anyone heard this DAC yet?" which I would like to hear if anyone has, here is a link to their product page and Headfonia's review:

http://www.linnenberg-audio.de/html/vivace.html
http://www.headfonia.com/linnenberg-vivace-dac/

The Linnenberg Vivace is a reference level dac it even allows you to hear unheard details from your familiar recordings.It owns stunning PRaT reminds me of a great vinyl set up.I find it way above Benchmark Dac
 it's so musical never harsh very natural,liquid with huge amount of details.Soundstage is large in every direction and instruments have lot of flesh and air .This is definitely the most analog sounding dac to my ears.I get the new Maestro 5W symmetric headphone amp in a month to match it with Vivace.This device is tiny and lightweight but the sound is state of art and it is also handmade in Germany.All connections work like butter it's a great unit worth every penny

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #10 of 14
Hi,

I have been inactive not posting anywhere in the internet about audio stuff for a long time because I left all the comparing behind. I solved the problem for me finally with a VIVACE DAC and now with a MAESTRO pre amp. I Just want to let you know about it because I think Mr Linnenberg deserves some support from maybe one of his happiest customers. For me he makes the best audio equipment availble. I have Two DACs one headphone pre and an amplifier from him. I can only advertise trying Mr Linnenbergs products you will not be disappointed. Wish you all the best!

Greetings
Flecko

PS.: I am not in any professional or private relationship with Mr. Linnenberg.

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 14
I can only agree to what's been written above.
I decided to get a VIVACE to use for my office based system - without trying it first!

Mr. Linnenberg doesn't get nearly enough exposure. He's so customer focused.
Really looking forward to hear the VIVACE.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #13 of 14
How much does this cost? I can't seem to find the price anywhere.

Edit: Found it... 

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 14
Thanks to @shigzeo I really fell in love with the VIVACE, and I'm happy to see a second version, even though I really haven't found anything that needed an update.

Ivo Linnenberg is a wonderful gentleman to deal with. Send him an email and you will be sure to get a very nice answer back quickly.
I really hope he gets some more distributors soon.

Re the price, I believe it's €1995.- including VAT.

I will be sending my VIVACE in for upgrade and purchase of the linear power supply UNISONO soon. Looking forward to see if there's a little bit more to get out of this magnificent piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back