Link: Beresford TC-7510 bashing and Headfi Bashing?
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #121 of 127
It's interesting to see how Jude is pushed to explain all this in detail.
Please don't forget that we all have the *privilige* to be on this forum, not so much of a right. It should always be ok to be critical but I got a feeling that this is going a bit beyond that. Jude has made certain decisions which he doesn't *need* to explain.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #122 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once again, I banned the profiles (which I know you agree with). My subsequent post about the information leading to the ban was originally intended for another forum/website where Stanley and others were all but demanding to know more specifics about why those profiles were banned. (It seems to me that some were not expecting the information to be as, well, thorough as it was.) I was not allowed to post that information at that forum/website, so I posted it here (which I was considering doing anyway, since some of the people from the other forum/website were coming here making the same requests). Given the information that I posted, what kind of response did you expect?

In my opinion, this situation is not a minor one--far from it. Herandu alone has 1173 posts here, a substantial portion of which were about Beresford products (to say the least). I have, unfortunately, read many of that username's posts where, in my opinion, it was not only promoting Beresford products heavily (and denying any affiliation along the way), but was, to my mind, concurrently and frequently slamming any products that would be considered competitors.

It seemed to me that DC Lee was well on its way down a similar path.

While I do not agree with what MatsudaMan is suggesting, as far as measures go, I know for certain I'm far from alone in this community in being more cautious about the topic at this point; and it will take some time before that dissipates.

If you see this as no worse than the typical case of fanboyism, then, again, you and I simply disagree. Again, several were requesting the information I posted to be posted, and I posted it. Given what was in that information, I am not particularly surprised that there would be a rather emotional response, one way or the other.

I appreciate it that you take this much time to solve the problem here. I also agree with you about posting all the information (IP's and stuff) here. That's the right thing to do. It's not you or your actions what I dislike in this case. Most definitely not. You have done everything just like I would've myself.

I simply think that this thing is taken way too seriously in the community. I mean replies like the one which I quoted in my previous post. Also, of course this is worse than typical fanboyism. Maybe I've just got used to it after a while here (and on other forums) and that's why this particular case doesn't feel THAT bad to me. We simply see this thing slightly different here. My guess would be that that it's not that rare at all for some smaller, and why not bigger, companies (in any business) to do something like this or something comparable to this. Rarely they get caught though. Just my guess, don't take it too seriously.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #123 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by AS1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting to see how Jude is pushed to explain all this in detail.
Please don't forget that we all have the *privilige* to be on this forum, not so much of a right. It should always be ok to be critical but I got a feeling that this is going a bit beyond that. Jude has made certain decisions which he doesn't *need* to explain.

Yes, but just because someone doesnt *need* to explain something, doesnt mean he absolutely has to act high and mighty and use this power, and ignore everyone. (It would definetly leave a sour taste about this forum and its admins too) Explaining ones actions is morally good thing to do, and it might also prevent SOME of the debate, quarrel and other miserable stuff from happening in this forum and other forums who are interested in this subject.

Thanks Jude for all your answers on this subject.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #124 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I appreciate it that you take this much time to solve the problem here. I also agree with you about posting all the information (IP's and stuff) here. That's the right thing to do. It's not you or your actions what I dislike in this case. Most definitely not. You have done everything just like I would've myself.

I simply think that this thing is taken way too seriously in the community. I mean replies like the one which I quoted in my previous post. Also, of course this is worse than typical fanboyism. Maybe I've just got used to it after a while here (and on other forums) and that's why this particular case doesn't feel THAT bad to me. We simply see this thing slightly different here. My guess would be that that it's not that rare at all for some smaller, and why not bigger, companies (in any business) to do something like this or something comparable to this. Rarely they get caught though. Just my guess, don't take it too seriously.

You seem to be the one perpetuating this discussion and making a big deal about it, Patu. Why don't YOU move on and let the people who do care about this kind of deceitful behavior finish processing it? Your continual responses about why everyone is making such a big deal are kind of self-defeating, don't you think?

And Jude, you have the patience on a saint on this kind of stuff and thanks for taking all of the time to figure out this sham and then to go to great lengths to explain your actions. You shouldn't feel the need to explain yourself, though, because you have handled this one exactly right.

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #125 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but just because someone doesnt *need* to explain something, doesnt mean he absolutely has to act high and mighty and use this power, and ignore everyone. (It would definetly leave a sour taste about this forum and its admins too) Explaining ones actions is morally good thing to do, and it might also prevent SOME of the debate, quarrel and other miserable stuff from happening in this forum and other forums who are interested in this subject.

Sure, but Jude has explained it multiple times already. That's what I actually mean.
smile.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #126 of 127
Quote:

Sure, but Jude has explained it multiple times already. That's what I actually mean.
smile.gif

There are a lot of people to be explained at.
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #127 of 127
Quote:

smile.gif

Still though, perhaps it might be best to have a sticky about this Beresford issue with all the answers that are now public? Probaply easier for Jude too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back