Linear/Logical LCD-X upgrade?
Apr 22, 2022 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Polypterus

New Head-Fier
Once I sell my lcd-x and hd800, I'm looking into upgrade options, and wasn't quite sure which path to go down. Currently I'm looking at a verite closed, simply because it would be one of the cheaper options, and I've been told it sounds fairly similar reminiscent of the lcd-x. The lifetime warranty is also appealing to me, even second hand the driver replacement is fairly cheap compared to other headphones. For that same reason I was also looking at a rosson rad-0, but I was wondering if a second hand utopia, lcd-4, or diana v2 should also be on my radar.

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 6
If you like the punch of the LCD-X, I would take the Diana off your list.

Of the other options, I find the RAD-0 most fun, but personal taste and it will depend on what type of music you listen to.

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Almost entirely vocal music. Rock, metal, acoustic rock, pop, etc...
For these, the Verite is a great choice and worth demoing if you can.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #5 of 6
LCD-4 also.... LCD-X is hard to upgrade directly from, at least as far as I know I don't think there that many headphones inth e upper echelon with that intimate of a vocal presentation

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Maybe listen to a pair of HD 600s out of a good amp. Not as technical as the cans mentioned, but one of the top headphones for vocals, when driven well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back