Lime Ears Aether R universal world premiere!
Aug 4, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #47 of 66
Oops, didn't double check what I wrote.. what i meant was comparing the Aether R with the A6T and Gemini

Oh, I see. I may have read your original post wrong as well. Apologies, it's been a long day. :D There'll be a comparison between the R and the A6t on my full review, which should be coming in a few weeks, hopefully. If you need an immediate comparison, feel free to PM me, and I'll try my hardest to get back to you ASAP. :)

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #48 of 66
Oh, I see. I may have read your original post wrong as well. Apologies, it's been a long day. :D There'll be a comparison between the R and the A6t on my full review, which should be coming in a few weeks, hopefully. If you need an immediate comparison, feel free to PM me, and I'll try my hardest to get back to you ASAP. :)
No worries! I'll wait for you to finish your review then! Thanks!

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #50 of 66
I got my Aether R 3 weeks ago and like to share some thoughts

I think the Aether R is a really great allrounder. I said it before and stand by it. It's in the same league as VE8 although the tonality and traits are different. Especially the seperation, layering and clarity are great to me.

The bass is much better than on the Aether before and gives a nice rythmic drive while not overpowering anything. the bass is not on the level of the Hyla CE-5 but is one of the better BA variants I heard. In the flat setting, i use very sparingly with only some recordings, that got too much bass in the first place, it loses some of the toe tapping drive to me and lays the focus towards vocals. But the difference between the switches is much more subtle than in the model X as example. You get some more subbass, body and the mids take a slight step back. The 'more bass signature' to me is just pure fun and achives in addition an open sound with so much detail retrieval you can dissect the music if you like to do so but as deezel already said you are pulled in the music so fast you most likely will not.
The mids have a forward position and are very detailed. Before the Aether R I heard a lot of iems that are supposed to have good mids as Warbler Prelude and Inear SD-5 and think the Aether R achives comparable results. Thats a great achivement. I still think the Warbler Prelude is better in this regard but it's not night and day and the very light nasality is such a minor flaw most of the time i can't recognize it.
The highs are to me the stars of the show. At first i thought the highs were exagrated and used the PEQ of my LPG to tame the 9kHz a little but one week later i reversed the setting and found it to be perfectly fine :) They extend very well and have the right weight to them there for i can hear much more details and really clear additionally the balance between all frequencies is great.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #51 of 66
Just finished the full review of the Aether R. A very impressive and easy to get along with sound signature.

https://headfonics.com/2019/08/lime-ears-aether-r-review/

DSCF1009-1.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #56 of 66
I still think the Warbler Prelude is better in this regard but it's not night and day and the very light nasality is such a minor flaw most of the time i can't recognize it.

@kendosperling , the R has a slight nasality, or the prelude?

Also, @Piotr Michalak , do you guys do recessed 2 pin for this custom? I realize there's quite a bit going on inside, but I have pretty big concha bowls. Just curious as most of my cables are meant for recessed sockets. BTW that 'cosmic swirl' with gold logos on the faceplates would look boss. That'd be my choice.

thanks to both @marcusd and @Deezel177 , whose reviews helped steer me toward the R as a possible next purchase.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #57 of 66
I think the Aether r has a very slight nasality. But as I said it is very minor.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #58 of 66
Hello,
Did any of you have the opportunity to compare Aether R with CA Fibae 7?
And if so, which ones do you think will work better in electronic music, rap or rock, which have more bass and better quality?
I will mention that I am happy with the sound of Aether, I only miss the low bass in these headphones in some songs.

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #59 of 66
Hello,
Did any of you have the opportunity to compare Aether R with CA Fibae 7?
And if so, which ones do you think will work better in electronic music, rap or rock, which have more bass and better quality?
I will mention that I am happy with the sound of Aether, I only miss the low bass in these headphones in some songs.

I compare the two briefly here: https://theheadphonelist.com/a-first-look-custom-art-fibae-7/

For the genres you mentioned, the Aether R will provide the more dynamic, colored, fun sound. The FIBAE 7 is more linear, transparent and matter-of-fact by comparison. Though, both in-ears don’t really have exaggerated sub-basses. Maybe give a hybrid like Empire Ears’ Valkyrie a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back