Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 12, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #136 of 266
  Now try it with the bal out
biggrin.gif

haha if I ever get an RSA to XLR adapter I will!

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #137 of 266

Wonderful! If I had any nitpick at all the highs can seem a bit dampened at times but overall very good.

sorry to ask but what does this mean ?

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #138 of 266
I think he is referring to how much filtration has been applied to the high frequency BA drivers.

The metal / plastic filters you can see in the sound tubes of your CIEM / IEM are put in place by designers to achieve the desired frequency response from a driver - basically creating the 'tuning' of the earphone.

With regards to the Aether, I believe the designers used a TWFK driver for the high range which is quite bright / detailed (Dunu 2000 / CK10 / etc), this has been heavily controlled / filtered by Lime Ears to achieve the smoother frequency response in the highest registers.

Please anyone else chime in if I'm incorrect here.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #140 of 266
  I think he is referring to how much filtration has been applied to the high frequency BA drivers.

The metal / plastic filters you can see in the sound tubes of your CIEM / IEM are put in place by designers to achieve the desired frequency response from a driver - basically creating the 'tuning' of the earphone.

With regards to the Aether, I believe the designers used a TWFK driver for the high range which is quite bright / detailed (Dunu 2000 / CK10 / etc), this has been heavily controlled / filtered by Lime Ears to achieve the smoother frequency response in the highest registers.

Please anyone else chime in if I'm incorrect here.

Yup! Nailed it :) 

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #144 of 266
  More than a month since ordering... hope I get it soon.
frown.gif

Good things come to those who wait, right? :)

Oh,
And some of you guys were wondering (and asking me via e-mail and Facebook) if any of our reps is present here.

It turns out that I've been around for a while (rather reading than writing) and this morning I thought... I might just drop by and say hello!

Thank you for awesome feedback so far, feel free to ask abt anything! :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #146 of 266

Oh,
And some of you guys were wondering (and asking me via e-mail and Facebook) if any of our reps is present here.

It turns out that I've been around for a while (rather reading than writing) and this morning I thought... I might just drop by and say hello!

Welcome Emil! Your Aether's are still one of my favourite transducers, in-ear or otherwise, ever. Might have to send them back for a bit of polishing and a socket change though; a year's worth of cable-rolling have kinda loosened them up, to the point of almost losing the left side in a taxi cab 
etysmile.gif

In any case, hope to see you either on CanJam or this very forum in the near future!

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #147 of 266

Oh,

Good you think that way, since you're still waiting on my shootout :p

But seriously- does the Aether have the best treble ever or what?

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #149 of 266

I wished it was slightly sparklier but I like AKGs.. so ymmv.

Seconded. If @He Is Emil could produce a successor to the Aether with a slightly more sparkly treble and a slightly more forward midrange (not even with more drivers, maybe just a bit of tuning/driver change), I'd drop cash faster than I can drop a Sony WM1Z; considering how unbelievably heavy that brick is... that's pretty fast.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #150 of 266

Welcome Emil! Your Aether's are still one of my favourite transducers, in-ear or otherwise, ever. Might have to send them back for a bit of polishing and a socket change though; a year's worth of cable-rolling have kinda loosened them up, to the point of almost losing the left side in a taxi cab 
etysmile.gif

In any case, hope to see you either on CanJam or this very forum in the near future!

Awesome, great to hear that! :)

Yeah, that is why few months ago we have changed sockets to the ones with "high extraction force", they are more robust and handle extensive cable switching with unmatched patience :).

Well, I'm planning to do some CanJamming in Singapore in March, meanwhile I'll probably hang around here a little bit :).

Lol, we're all waiting! :]
But you know, shootouts are like wine, the longer they mature, the better they taste in the end! :wink:
And abt the treble... Well, I sometimes think so! (but my opinion might be biased a bit for pretty obvious reasons) ;]

I wished it was slightly sparklier but I like AKGs.. so ymmv.

Seconded. If @He Is Emil could produce a successor to the Aether with a slightly more sparkly treble and a slightly more forward midrange (not even with more drivers, maybe just a bit of tuning/driver change), I'd drop cash faster than I can drop a Sony WM1Z; considering how unbelievably heavy that brick is... that's pretty fast.

Well, hmmm... How to put that... Let's say that I believe that we have some "bright" future ahead, lol. But still don't know how far ahead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back