Like the Shure SRH940 The 840 Cracks too!
Aug 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
That's a shame.. ah well

To be honest, aside from the build quality, I'm really happy with the SRH840's. I would just be satisfied with an equivalent that won't break.

Any other ideas, or will the M50 suffice?

The M50 does not have the smoothness and finesse of the SRH840, it is quite harsh in comparison.

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 21
I've owned the SHR840s in the past and was really satisfied with their sound quality as well.  Didn't own them long enough to develop durability issues so I cannot comment on that. I will be receiving a pair of M50s very soon and can give my impressions on those when they come in.  For the record, I found the SHR840s to be very neutral and a great sounding pair of closed headphones, I just didn't enjoy how heavy it was and comfort wasn't my favorite.  Very nice pair of closed headphones for reference listening though.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 21
I guess I'll just have to hold out hope that the 840's undergo some kind of design revision then. I certainly got used to their finesse, and I wouldn't want a harsh sounding replacement

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #19 of 21
I guess I'll just have to hold out hope that the 840's undergo some kind of design revision then. I certainly got used to their finesse, and I wouldn't want a harsh sounding replacement

Or take action yourself by replacing the headband or strengthening it.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #20 of 21
yeah, I did it with epoxy resin glue. The hinges can no longer fold and I can only adjust the length on 1 side now though. Not ideal, and they look ugly as hell, but they'll do for now

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #21 of 21
Well as long as the remedy works and you don't completely break it in the process it's good. Do be careful regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back