Lightest over-the-ear phones
Mar 6, 2004 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sczervok

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have a pair of really light ones?
I don't care about sound quality, as long as it's got the treble of an mx300, then it's good enough.

I'm looking for something like this, because I plan on using it for outdoors, in noisy environments for extended periods of time... something I can't do with my existing Koss KSC 50s.

I'm going dirt cheap for this one.

Mar 6, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 10
My portapros fit me "very lightly". Your mileage may vary if your head is larger than mine (I would consider my head on the narrow side of average for an adult).

After ten minutes to adjust I forget I have them on. With my flash player in my pocket they are a dream.

(Still prefer the etys but if I have to walk around and communicate the portapros are very convenient).

Cheers,

Tony AAA

Mar 6, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 10
Koss Portapros? (if those are the ones I"m thinking about... I'd have to say, they look hella weird)
But I'll check those out...

Mar 6, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Sczervok
looking for something like this, because I plan on using it for outdoors, in noisy environments for extended periods of time... something I can't do with my existing Koss KSC 50s.

I'm going dirt cheap for this one.

The portapro is awesome, but it doesn't isolate. I don't know if there's a single light, cheap, and isolating phone. Exactly how cheap are you talking about? The Sony V6 might work...not dirt cheap though.

Mar 6, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 10
How about the Sennheiser PX200's? They don't cost mega-bucks, they isolate and they're also very light!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 10
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Isolation = bad!!!! (for this one)

I need to be able to hear a car coming at me before it hits me, and paints the street with me.

Mar 6, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 10
Koss KSC-35's.

Portapros clamp, you know they're there on your head. KSC-35's are so light that they disappear and it's like you're not even wearing headphones.

Mar 6, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Koss KSC-35's.

Portapros clamp, you know they're there on your head. KSC-35's are so light that they disappear and it's like you're not even wearing headphones.

What he said.
-Mag

Mar 6, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #10 of 10
the ksc35 also use the same drivers as the portopros. howeever, since its clamping is not as as high as the portapro's you have a more balanced sound (portapros have a kind of bloated bass imo). and you have no headband with the ksc35.
these are awesome haedphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back