Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #406 of 2,322
^ Not I.
Nor any email confirmation when the pre order would ship.
I honestly am training my brain to forget the GO450 order in order to be less disappointed as delays happen.

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #407 of 2,322
  For those of us who were not Kicstarter supporters, has anyone yet received a pre-ordered Geek Out?  

I understood they wouldn't ship until May 1st, but I haven't been paying close attention...

Thanks!

Mike

^ Not I.
Nor any email confirmation when the pre order would ship.
I honestly am training my brain to forget the GO450 order in order to be less disappointed as delays happen.

Thanks for this reply - at least I know I'm not alone, but I find their "take the money and say nothing" approach rather disappointing. Not what I expected.

I'm really good at being told "It will ship in six weeks" then going away and forgetting about it.  Silence I don't handle so well.

Mike

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #408 of 2,322
Send an E-mail to Manny  at cs@lhlabs.com

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #410 of 2,322
I sent an email a while back and was told they should be shipped last week and into this week. But given that this may have been while they were inundated with emails it is possible that I was given the shipping dates for the kickstarter geek outs instead. I'm with you though in that I have had nothing since the transaction over paypal.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #411 of 2,322
I just got mine!

I am replacing an Audioengine D1 that cost me $160 when it came out. Amazing how much better hardware you can get now for roughly the same price (I actually bought it at KS pre-order price!)  The GO 450 eats it for breakfast! I am loving it!! Amazing! Still on honeymoon period with it! Everything is exclamation points right now! need more time for my mind to settle down from all the excitement!

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #412 of 2,322
  Regarding the android compatibility:

I have a galaxy note 2, and like everyone else here geek out 450 did not work with my device when other USB DACs did. I posted this on the lhlabs forums detailing my problem (my DSD light was on, just like another person on here).

Larry responded, saying that this is definitely a firmware issue in the Geek Out and the team at lhlabs is trying to solve the problem.

do you have a link pleaes?

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #413 of 2,322
  I just got mine!

I am replacing an Audioengine D1 that cost me $160 when it came out. Amazing how much better hardware you can get now for roughly the same price (I actually bought it at KS pre-order price!)  The GO 450 eats it for breakfast! I am loving it!! Amazing! Still on honeymoon period with it! Everything is exclamation points right now! need more time for my mind to settle down from all the excitement!

Congratulations!  Were you a Kickstarter supporter -or- did you recently pre-order the Geek Out?

(I've not yet received a response to the e-mail inquiry I sent to cs@lhlabs.com, yesterday (but it has only been 12 hours...)

Thanks!

Mike

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #414 of 2,322
Congratulations!  Were you a Kickstarter supporter -or- did you recently pre-order the Geek Out?

(I've not yet received a response to the e-mail inquiry I sent to cs@lhlabs.com, yesterday (but it has only been 12 hours...)

Thanks!

Mike

I bought if from another user who was a backer. I would have liked to be a KS supporter but came in late to the party. I do am a PulseX backer for a fully tricked out unit. I didn't buy the combo because for me it was either the combo with the GO or the LPS and other upgrades. I put my money on the upgrades, so I feel lucky I was able to buy a 450 now, at a moment in which I could afford one.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #416 of 2,322
Does anybody have experience with the GO1000 driving Sennheiser HD800? Does the GO1000 have enough power? Is its resolution OK or the HD800 asks for more? Enough warm to balance the HD800 brightness?
I saw Larry Ho using this combo in the video, but I fear if the phones are too much for the little Geek Out?

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #417 of 2,322
  Does anybody have experience with the GO1000 driving Sennheiser HD800? Does the GO1000 have enough power? Is its resolution OK or the HD800 asks for more? Enough warm to balance the HD800 brightness?
I saw Larry Ho using this combo in the video, but I fear if the phones are too much for the little Geek Out?

GO1000 works great with the HD800's. Generally at about 65% of volume I am listening comfortably. 85% when I am enjoying rock or metal. The resolution is very good and improving as I get some hours on the unit. No worries on its ability.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #419 of 2,322
Thanks to both. What I really want to know is if the HD800 is "too much" for the GO1000? Or in other words, even though both units match well in balance (tonality), is the HD800 in a class too much above the GO1000 so that it would not be using its full potential?

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #420 of 2,322
  Thanks to both. What I really want to know is if the HD800 "too much" for the GO1000? Or in other words, even though both units match well in balance (tonality), is the HD800 in a class too much above the GO1000 so that it would not be using its full potential?

Ultimately, you are wondering if a $299 retail Dac/Amp can bring the HD800 to full bloom.....

No....

It is a nice portable choice though. Considering I am running the HD800's through a fully tricked out Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse with Femto clock and a Cary SLI-80 fully modded out to F1 specs, the GO1000 cannot compete with that rig. However, I am not in the habit of taking those pieces on the road. The geek fits nicely in the backpack. More time with the HD800's is a good thing.

YMMV.....

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back