Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #271 of 2,322
And surely we will be hearing your take along with your headphone collection.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #274 of 2,322
I just got my USPS number...They had lost my order somehow. Luckily I saved every Kickstarter e-mail and Paypal statement.....

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #275 of 2,322
Have to put in my 2¢...got my Geek 2 days ago, just loving the sound. I did notice some strident highs here and there, could just have been the recordings, not consistent (and the unit is not broken in yet). Open, wide Soundstage, imaging, yada yada yada, but the "jump factor" is what gets me... Very engaging makes me want to dance (not that that's something anyone should see, mind you). Really happy with the unit. Going to go for the limited edition deluxe model (I know, I'm nuts)

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #277 of 2,322

My Silver GO 1000 arrived a few hours ago.. been giving it continuous run since then and initial impressions are very favorable.  There's a smooth, refined quality to its (very impressive) resolving ability.  The dynamic swing this little guy is capable of immediately jumped out to me, too.. it definitely beguiles the zippo-esque size.  In terms of tuning, it seems quite transparent and neutral, but with an elegant hint of ethereal warmth.  More impressions later.. I'll be tossing all the phones in my signature/profile.. as well as the Alpha Dog and the (pre-ordered) HE-560 (which should (hopefully arrive next week)... at the GO 1000.  So far, it's living up to it's immense hype and promise.

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #278 of 2,322
What settings are Windows users setting their LH Control Panel and Windows audio settings? I currently have 24/196 in Windows and Standard USB streaming with 8192 samples.  For some reason the volume is automatically dropping to -127 though?

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #279 of 2,322
More time with the GO 1000/HD650 tonight.. this is a ridiculously pleasing combo.  Frighteningly reminiscent of my mighty HD650/Crack combo, in fact.. yes.. I went there.. it's got that kind of wow factor... and it's not "new toy syndrome" talking either.  My Crack is all of two feet away from the GO1000, atm.

If this is a "taste" of what the Geek Pulse is going to offer.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #280 of 2,322
I've been listening all week at work to my GO 1000 and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2's. Simply a fantastic combination. I did not go for the Pulse or Wave campaigns because, frankly, this is so damned good I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do intend to test it out on my home rig as a DAC but haven't had the time. Happy Easter, all.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #282 of 2,322
Don't have another usb dac-amp, have what I was told was a good card in the PC, but really I compare it to my portable unit, a Fiio X3, which I connect line-out with a small Cardas cable to an ALO National. It's a nice sounding combo-always felt the amp of the X3 was its weak link, others have agreed. Well, I don't have time to go through the audiophile checklist, gotta go to work, but the GO is so much better sounding than the X3/National combo, amazingly so. (of course, since it lacks the portability of the X3, I still use, and enjoy, the X3 combo quite a bit)

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #285 of 2,322
  Does anyone know what's happening with pre-orders on mustgeekout.com?

Why do you ask (if I may ask)?

smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back